Cost of Eventing- help needed!

mazsullivan

Visit site
I’m planning to start eventing either end of this season or do the whole of next season. I’m far from rich and will have to work for my own money in order to pay for the event entry cost (my dad is happy to pay for petrol, food etc and drive me there). However, I cant accurately work out the costa on the BE website, would anybody be able to advise me on entry cost, prize money, unaff and affiliated please? Thank you

Roxylola

Visit site
About £110 to compete on a ticket at BE, bit less if you pay for full membership but I think they suggest you'd need to be doing more than 4 events to be worth full membership.
Unaffiliated varies but around £80

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I effectively think of it as around £150 a day once you take into account diesel. The costs don't vary much for unaff now round here you just deduct your membership as an overarching cost.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I have just paid £97 for an affiliated BE entry at grass roots level. At this level there is no prize money just prizes in kind. I won a BE event this year and won a pair of equilibrium magnetic chaps and a free video of our round. I won an unaffiliated one, cost £75 to enter and I won some feed vouchers and a lead rope. So you won't get anything back in prize money. Also if you want to do BE then both you and your horse need to be members although you used to be able to do this on a day ticket if you only did 4 a year. Look on the BE website at the different membership because it is pricey. Obviously, unaffiliated you just have to pay entrance fees.

AFB

Visit site
My local unaff (run on BE course) is £60 - prize money is vouchers for the venue/shop. Not sure what 1st is as never been that lucky but I got £15 for coming 6th I think.