Cost of land

Sue B

Visit site
Please can anyone give an idea of how much land would sell for, per acre, in Surrey? Just pasture, no pp and probably can't be used all year round due to flooding! Thanks

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Depends on so many factors such as how many acres together, whether there's electricity and water connected or near, what access is like, exact location, who wants to buy it, whether it's fenced.

What it will sell for is what someone will pay for it.

Just as an example, a field of a couple of hundred acres bordered on two sides by houses came up for sale in a village I used to live in. I'm told price per acre varied from £3000 for large plots with poor access to £30,000 per acre for small plots behind people's houses

L&M

Visit site
Around £7000 in our area as land is more readily available - welsh/shrops borders.

Down South I imagine a lot more!

OWLIE185

Visit site
The average price of agricultural land is at present about £8,000 per acre if one is buying it in in blocks of approx. 100 acres or more. This will vary from place to place. Small parcels of land say 1 - 10 acres could command anything from £20,000 per acre upwards however be aware that if you want to use it for grazing horses you will need to apply to the planning department for change of use from agricultural to equestrian.