Cost of overnight stay at vets?

zxp

Visit site
Just out of interest, and I'm sorry if it sounds cheeky, but does anyone know the sort of costs expected for an overnight stay at the vets? No treatment (that should be covered by insurance) but the "livery" at the vets?

Thanks in advance

Roody2

Visit site
I originally got charged over £35 for one night which I though was outrageous, so I argued it and got it reduced to about £20 (still a lot considering all it had was one haynet, didn't need any treatment and only had to stay as vet ran out of time to do all tests).

Check your insurance policy carefully as mine only paid 50% of livery costs at vets.

zxp

Visit site
Yes, insurance will pay 50% but 50% of alot is still alot as horse may have to be in for 2 weeks.

Olliecp77

Visit site
I asked for a quote for max cost before treatment and over night stay and vet said £500 for a about 5 days - rang me the following day to say horse was well enough to go home and still charged me £500 - I made him wait a year for payment, no point argueing with him, rip off merchant and I rarely call him now as lost respect for him. Well at hospital think it was £/€35 per night.