Cost of PTS

meleeka

Visit site
Obviously costs vary around the country, but for those of you who’ve hd a dog pts this year, how much did you pay, excluding cremation costs? I’m trying to work out if my parents bill is excessive or not. Dog was 9.5kg.

Thanks in advance.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I had my little terrier (9k) PTS at home by "Cloud Nine Vets" three weeks ago to the day and paid £269. This without the cremation service added as we buried him at home.

This was for HOME euthanasia and I was happy to pay it for Little 'Un. He hated going to the vets and I couldn't bear for his last moments to be stressed and with him having to be muzzled.

Highly recommend "Cloud Nine" btw; they offer a nationwide service and the vet I had, "Chris" was just fantastic. There was no rush and everything was dealt with calmly and peacefully. Typically, our vets are beginning to offer home euthanasia now in August, but the job needed doing when we did it and it wouldn't have been viable to have waited.

Talking of PTS costs generally; had horse done by licenced knackerman recently and that was £150 which included removal too. Local hunt is significantly more than this.

fankino04

Visit site
It was £250 for my Malamute in June but this was euthanasia at home and didn't include cremation costs. Not sure if that was particularly expensive or prices have gone up as previous mal was £150 two years earlier for the same thing with different vets.

meleeka

Visit site
Thanks everyone. condolences to you all :( I’ve just phoned the vet and the cost has miraculously shrunk to £133. I think they’d made an error on the first invoice as it was £300 plus VAT! No apology for the error, but at least they put it right. (they had originally also charged for cremation which had already been paid for so original bill was £500 ?)

maisie06

Visit site
Obviously costs vary around the country, but for those of you who’ve hd a dog pts this year, how much did you pay, excluding cremation costs? I’m trying to work out if my parents bill is excessive or not. Dog was 9.5kg.

Thanks in advance.

I took a JRT in for her elderly owner and the bill for a just over 10kg dog was £209 including disposal, not cremated separately and no return of ashes as owner preferred to plant a tree.