Cost of taking horse to US?

Teddybully

Visit site
Does anyone know how much it would cost to have a horse flown to the US? (New York).

I'm sure it's not cheap but an idea would be very helpful - thank you!

doubletrouble2

New User
Visit site
It's about 5k (GBP). I used John Parker (see ads in H&H) who partners with Tim Dutta Co. They did a good job when I brought my horse over. He went by boat to Amsterdam and then flew to JFK.

JaxMath

Visit site
PEDEN are also very good. My friend took both of hers back to the US (Florida). Price was £5k door to door - they will do it cheaper if you pick them up from quarentine at JFK. You can also fly them into Miami, but it is more expensive. Geldings are the simplest to export, mares and stallions have to stay in quarentine longer and have more checks.

doubletrouble2

New User
Visit site
When I moved it was cheaper for him to fly from Amsterdam than London and a lot less hassle from what I remember. I think it all depends on what your timings/needs are.
From when they picked him up from my old UK yard and I picked him up from quarantine it was 4 days (Sun eve to Thurs pm). I was only 70 miles from the quarantine facility so it was easy for me to pick him up directly. It depends on the horse, but my horse is a good traveler and he coped really well. A little wired when I picked him up but as soon as he was in the trailer with hay he was happy.

foraday

Visit site
contact bba shipping or irt in newmarket

they have more regular flights and yes fly from stansted, luton and even manston in kent