costs of hospitalisation for your dog?

riding_high

Visit site
has anyone had their dog kept in hospital for a couple of days recently and would you mind giving a rough idea of those costs please? I know each treatment is different but was wondering about in general as I've been told by one vet that the hospital they use would be around £150 each night and x-rays are about the same..............just seems that they like the sound of £150!
thanks in advance.

Zero00000

Visit site
I was recently given cost of keeping my cat in vets over night (A vet with very good prices) and was given a figure of around £125 a day/night

Aru

Visit site
what was included in the 150?is it 24/7 care and treatment or just boarding?
we charge 20 euro to hospitalise for the night....but fluids(40euro) drugs etc would all be extra on top of that....

Hexx

Visit site
My girl spent a night in hospital on boxing day - the bill was nearly £600. However, she was in for critical care and was monitored through the night with tests and fluids. Sadly she passed away the following day.

Dusty85

Visit site
My dog damaged his foot and needed X-rays under sedation as he was too sore to let them look at it properly.

He didn't stay overnight, but I dropped him off early and picked him up in the evening. But the cost was about £300. (Including a course of antibiotics and pain relief).
So I guess if your dog needs X-rays plus overnight stay it will be more.

riding_high

Visit site
thanks for the replies. I've now got my bill (and my dog home) so been able to see what the charges are. they weren't too bad considering. hospitalisation overnight was £26, daytime hospitalisation was £23. they also charged for vet assessment day and night £25 each time (so an extra £50 on top of the charges). none of that included drugs/IV/etc.

SusieT

Visit site
Fair enough, 24/7 staff assessing him-the bill would be more for a person to be fair. hope the dog is doing well.

riding_high

Visit site
thanks, he had his checkup today and they are happy that he is improving albeit slow but it's an improvement. he's also gained 3kgs in 48hrs so that's great and shows he's eating appropriately.

EmmyMD

Visit site
i can't quite remember how the costs broke down, but when my dog was in with a broken leg which required a hugely complicated nail and plating operation on a joint, he was in for 3 nights and the bill was 2k. Obviously most of that was the operation

Vizslak

Visit site
has anyone had their dog kept in hospital for a couple of days recently and would you mind giving a rough idea of those costs please? I know each treatment is different but was wondering about in general as I've been told by one vet that the hospital they use would be around £150 each night and x-rays are about the same..............just seems that they like the sound of £150!
thanks in advance.
About 50 pound a night/24 hour period, just for costs to hospitalise and keep stable on Iv not including any extra treatments or meds.