Cottage/accomodation wanted in S Bristol/Bath/Chippenham area

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Probably not the intended use for this forum, but can anybody help me out! I'm looking to find a cottage within reasonable driving distance of (Wick) S.Bristol. Ideally an unfurnished annex or wing of a house on a farm/yard, 2 bed (+/-1) decent sized kitchen, lounge/dining room, parking, but would consider anything

In an ideal world, an all inclusive price rather than with seperate utility bills as I spend the bulk of the year overseas but need a base to live and store my kit when I'm home.

Would be great if there are stables, but not essential, as I may at some stage need stabling for my horse (currently on loan), I'm having a nightmare trying to find anything remotely fitting the bill, particularly as I'm in the Middle East at the moment and have just been let down by a landlord at short notice, having moved out of my last place putting everything in storage.

If anyone has any ideas could they pm me,

Hano

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Will speak to our YO this evening. They have a cottage which I think may be a holiday let and there is also a livery yard. They're in Doynton. They may also know of other lets available in the area. Drive through Wick twice a day so we'll keep our eyes open.;)

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Will speak to our YO this evening. They have a cottage which I think may be a holiday let and there is also a livery yard. They're in Doynton. They may also know of other lets available in the area. Drive through Wick twice a day so we'll keep our eyes open.;)

Thanks much appreciated...coming back to the UK early Jul, was not looking forward to hassling friends to put me up, or having to pay summer holiday let rates for a month. Have a friend in the area who can go and check it out for me, but its bloody difficult trying to do this at arms length via a dodgy local mobile phone connection.

Planning for a year plus, but would be happy to accept a shorter time let to give me breathing space.

Near Wick isnt vital, but thats where my horse is at the moment!

Many thanks!

Hano

TheoryX1

Visit site
Sorry you have been let down. The rental market is very competitive at the moment as not much is coming to market and what there is is highly priced and lets fast. Landlords know they can ask pretty much what they want. How about going onto something like www.rightmove.co.uk to find accommodation? I do this professionally, but dont want to put my website on for obvious reasons. If you want to pm me I can let you know if we can help you, plus I do have friends in the letting profession who may be able to help.

Good luck.

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Hi there, Wick isn’t essential, that’s just where my horse is at the moment, I’ve just moved out of what was grooms’ accommodation on a busy yard in Devon as I want to be nearer to my horse.

I’m intending to find something long term rather than a short term holiday let, ideally in the area S of Bristol out as far as Wotton-under-Edge, Malmesbury, Chippenham, Trowbridge, Midsomer Norton, Cheddar, Winscombe, I’d consider further out if the property was right.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please PM me

Many thanks

Hano

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Still struggling like hell to find anywhere!

Looked at a few of the agencies...mostly urban property or hugely expensive property... not seen anywhere that I think - Yes, that's it!

Have looked at a couple of the country estates, Badminton, Corsham Court and Hartham Park.. seems a bit more promising, but can anyone suggest anywhere similar?