could my new boy have some vibes for the night pleasy!

flintmeg

Visit site
Got to the yard this morning and there was no head out the stable door and no winny
frown.gif
he was stood and the back of his stable looking very sorry for him self, no intrest in food, rang the vet and took him for a walk vet rang back to say he would be with me about 12.30 and to stick him back in his stable (no colic symptoms), got off the phone and the pawing started and wanted to go down, so walked him around in the rain, vet arrived....who was very good looking imho)
blush.gif
and confirmed he had colic
frown.gif
gave him 3 massive injections and told me to ring him at 3 and to walk him for another 45 mins this time in torrential rain, thunder and lightning
frown.gif
...but he started snatching some grass
smile.gif
so happy mummy, rang the vet and he was happy so he is tucked up with his haylage and had a very small tea.
smile.gif
hopefully he will be fine in the morning, he will be checked on, i've never had a horse colic before, so could he please have some famous HHO vibes please
grin.gif
chocolate and wine if you get this far
grin.gif

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Many hugs girl. But from now on every time he kicks his belly or looks uncomfortable you will be panicing. It happens to me everytime one of my horse look under the weather. I lost a colt with twistedgut and one of my mare who cribbed was always going down with it. So just warning you, best be safe than sorry and at lest you had the sense to ring vet, some don't you know

joshuaada

Visit site
Lots of hugs and vibes for your new boy. My old mare used to get spasmodic colic and was always fine by about 10pm. Usually when we had got tickets for the hunt ball or were meeting friends for a meal and of course you have to cancel so you can sit in a freezing cold stable for the evening only to be pushed around by a hungry horse about 9pm demanding her hay net back as she is starving!!!! Sure he will be fine
smile.gif

flintmeg

Visit site
thanks, he was preety much back to normal when i left he at the parents and spent the late afternoon screeching at me every time he saw me on the way to check him and he attacked his haylage like there's no tommorrow, iam just extra cautious now, i tend to overreact about things when it comes to my horses
crazy.gif
, but i am very pleased with myself as i did not panic
blush.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif