Counting my blessings this morning!

Auslander

Visit site
I had escapees during the night. Alf and his mate managed to let themselves out of their pen, collected a little friend and proceeded to gallop round the farm like idiots for a while - the hoofprints/skid marks all over the place this morning are a sight to behold!
Thank god for electric gates/horsey friends - one of whom was coming back from work. As she opened the gates, she saw three horses pelting towards her. She stood her ground, headed them off and the gates closed themselves.
Also relieved that it was Alf who got out - as I have a special whistle for him, which means "Drop everything, I have treats" - he went from mad galloping to in my pockets in a nanosecond. Also relieved it was him, because he is the boss, and everyone always follows him - so I only needed one headcollar to get them all back where they were supposed to be.
He's a bit stiff this morning - silly old sod!

Denbob

Visit site
Eeek! Glad all are well, great plan having an emergency whistle might need to install one of those myself!

tatty_v

Visit site
I need to learn the whistle and treats trick as I have a serial escapee! Last time my fellow livery stood her ground and headed him off as my husband rugby tackled him! Glad all yours are ok x

little_critter

Visit site
I tried standing my ground with my girl once, coming down a track towards me so I thought "easy - I'll stand in the middle of the track, arms outstretched and my best head mistress voice"
There was a nanosecond flicker go across her face as she considered stopping....then she carried on, ducking between me an the hedge.

Auslander

Visit site
The little swines! How did they manage to collect a little friend? Did they bust him out too? 😱

Glad all collected safely and hope the damage they inflicted is easy to fix 😬

Embarrassingly, it was a little pony who lives on the other yard, which is someone elses place. Little pony is only about 13hh, but she managed to jump clean out of her stable and join their rampage! Just relieved that Alf didn't try and have his wicked way with her - he's not usually to be trusted with girls!

Fiona

Visit site
Oh the naughty wee brats :( Hope they are all ok....

Mt hubby's 21yo ID mare decided to let herself out of her stable last Sunday, and took her self across the road (albeit quiet country one) to her field and grazed for the afternoon, when she heard our lorry coming back she charged back across in front of us (nearly giving us heart failure) and stood demurely in the yard...

I did wonder if we had given her a bit longer would she have gone back in her stable and pretended she had been there all afternoon ;)

Fiona