Countryfile - don't miss

Rollin

Visit site
Sunday evening BBC1 will feature Henry Edmunds, one of three finalists in the the BBC Food and Farming Awards. Henry was nominated for his work on sustainability and rare breeds.

His estate in Wiltshire also has the oldest Cleveland Bay Stud in the UK - Cholderton.

angrovestud

Visit site
I watched so impressed with the way he farmed and all the wild brids just stunning thank you for letting us know about Henry I watch the programme as I love it xx :D

Rollin

Visit site
I too was bowled over by the programme. His dairy cattle 10-12 lactations as opposed to the national average of 3. Hedges cut only every 3 years and as you say the birdlife was fantastic.

On Radio Four farming today I listened to him talking about butterflies too.

Only sad thing was the fleeting glimpse of his Cleveland Bays.

Let us hope he wins!!

muff747

Visit site
I too saw this article and was also impressed by the fantastic bird life he had attracted, what a lovely caring man. Lets hope his example is taken up by more farmers.

KarynK

Visit site
Loved his bit about the hedges, mine are only cut occasionally and are full of berries and wildlife. My hedges are alive in winter and as soon as the berries are gone I feed the birds as well, the short hedges nearby are barren in the winter.

Aces_High

Visit site
I too was bowled over by the programme. His dairy cattle 10-12 lactations as opposed to the national average of 3. Hedges cut only every 3 years and as you say the birdlife was fantastic.

On Radio Four farming today I listened to him talking about butterflies too.

Only sad thing was the fleeting glimpse of his Cleveland Bays.

Let us hope he wins!!

Perfectly summed up. I too was shocked at the lactations from his dairy cows. I was expecting him to say 5 or 6 but 10-12 is amazing!