Countryfile Exmoors

paddy555

Visit site
I see that but I’m an old fashioned purist who fondly remember the days of our native ponies bring useful all round child’s ponies.
I assume the Shetamoors make good pets. And come in palomino ?

never heard that before but I love it. Lots of "Shetamoors" over Tavistock way. (not so many our way) Whitchurch Down the other day was a mass of brown and white. No Palominos I'm afraid.

Clodagh

Visit site
never heard that before but I love it. Lots of "Shetamoors" over Tavistock way. (not so many our way) Whitchurch Down the other day was a mass of brown and white. No Palominos I'm afraid.
If we go up to Okehampton camp there is every colour of Shetamoor you could ever desire!

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I just hope that with a Shetamoor you get the best of both rather than the worst :) Bit like a Cockerpoo, a beautiful non shedding pet rather than a bad tempered hyper active little oik!! (and yes, that is a bit tongue in cheek but you get my drift). In my day Countryfile never came with a warning either about "some of the following may contain upsetting scenes", us country folk are made of strong stuff!!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Exmoor still has proper ponies, all the same colour!

Yes. unfortunately people have lost the ability to deal with native ponies seemingly and for a long time, people wanted horses way taller than they needed. Then they all got fat and actually needed the big horses and now we are at the place whereby people either must be only 5 stone to ride a small native (I dont count section B's because I've never understood the concept) but noone over 12 stone should be riding at all.

eta my dad was about 5'7 and probably 11stone-can you imagine the outrage now if a bloke rode a Section C?

Clodagh

Visit site
Yes. unfortunately people have lost the ability to deal with native ponies seemingly and for a long time, people wanted horses way taller than they needed. Then they all got fat and actually needed the big horses and now we are at the place whereby people either must be only 5 stone to ride a small native (I dont count section B's because I've never understood the concept) but noone over 12 stone should be riding at all.
Well that’s a Shetamoor niche, too heavy to ride? Have a My Little Pony instead.