Countryfile: what breed is Adam's dog?

Vizslak

Visit site
She is indeed a wire (wire haired vizsla) Separate breed to the smooth (many think its one breed two coat types) although undeniabley similar and related they arent the same breed.
although you can get smooth wires.....you have to really know your stuff to identify which breed one of those is ;) Both smooths and wires occasionally throw longcoats as well.....they end up sort of looking like an irish setter x!

Last edited:

Vizslak

Visit site
I dont want countryfile and cant see any pics online anywhere but know its defo a wire....as above, could well be a smooth wire, they do occur!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I actually thought I remembered her as a smooth. I too tried to find pics of her somewhere but couldn't and there certainly is reference to Wires on the countryfile links, so maybe she is a smooth wire (how confusing!).

Vizslak

Visit site
it is confusing, yes, smooth wires are indecernable from 'true smooths' unless you can see them in the flesh, even then you could mix them up easily. I wouldnt fancy my chances that much on a line up of smooths and smooth wires!

ETS disappointed CT couldnt recognise as a vizz at all though....I clearly dont post enough pics! :p :D

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Sorry to be a bit of a biotch, but I have watched it and she seems terribly soft/skittish in temperament? :eek: I don't know many vizzies but I take it that is not desirable?

Vizslak

Visit site
erm, difficult to tell what you mean really, *must start watching countryfile* was she in any recent eps I could watch on iplayer? They should be bold but equally are soft and sensitive, certainly compared to other gundogs. Wires are actually meant to be more robust and level headed/less sensitive than smooths.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
To me she seems to spend a lot of time ducking and diving and tucking in her tail, which is a pet hate of mine, but it is probably just me and my irritating breed-specific likes and dislikes and could be completely fine :eek:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I noticed that CC, when she was sent to be mated she certainly didn't seem to have what I would consider a good, calm temperament, but I was going on what I would want in a GSD so perhaps not being really fair on her.

Vizslak

Visit site
I just watched the clip of her on this weeks shes defo a wire shes hooooge! But yes shes smooth! She seems normal vizz in that clip but all I have seen of her.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Thats a classic statement" she's definitely a wire .....But yes she's smooth!":D
She was in season on the programme I noticed the temperament, so in all fairness that could have been the reason.

Vizslak

Visit site
Hahahaha! Yes a brilliantly confusing statement that!! :D
*cough cough* funny things hormonal vizzies :eek: Mind you floras not funny in season in the slightest....

Vizslak

Visit site
to clarify, she is a wirehaired vizsla, she just doesnt have the wire coat.
ets of course shes pretty shes a vizsla :rolleyes: really CT :p :D

Last edited: