County Level Open Working Hunter - Would You Show In A Snaffle?

Mithras

Visit site
As the question says - my mare goes so well in a French link snaffle, although I do have a Rugby pelham for her, its sort of like it weighs her down and she doesn't have such good self carriage or feel so light. She just goes better in the snaffle, so would you ride her in that and risk being marked down because its not quite correct? She doesn't need a flash or martingale of anything so its going to look quite bare.

whatawizard

Visit site
if your mare goes at her best in the snaffle for the jumping and on the flat then stick with it, you can use whatever you like, and if she's happier then she will go better fro the judge too. Good luck

CrazyMare

Visit site
Workers is frequently any suitable bridle, so as your snaffle is most suitable, I would use that.

Quadro

Visit site
if your horse goes best in it then your will look your best so more likely to do well
smile.gif

Baydale

Visit site
I used to and to be honest you see all kinds of bits. I agree with whatawizard in that you need to bear in mind that the judge will ride your horse too, so you want them to get the best ride they can.