County Show Judges!!

diamondgeezer

Visit site
Shocked by how rude some of the Judges were!!

Myself and a couple of friends were competing at a large 3 day county show yesterday and I was amazed how rude the judges were. There were 15 in the class that I took my youngster in and once the judge had seen the first 7 in the line up do there trot up he didn't even bother looking at the rest of the class.

My friends class was a different judge but he was also not interested in watching half of them doing their show out and he turned his back on half of the competitors and didn't even thank them.

I just find this so rude when we have all paid the same entry fee but because our names don't fit or because we are not "PRODUCERS" were not worth their time.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
ive come across it when I started out showing, with one very stupid comment given from a county level show judge, the only way to get your self better known is to keep competing.

In all honesty, i show county level, chaps etc and ive never had a problem ive started being judged by judges ive previousley met etc, Ive always thought the judges fair, and that my placing was fair or deserved.

same with the snobbery in showing yes it is there, but if you give fellow people a nod, and whilst waiting for your class pass comment general chat your soon start seein gthe same faces about and it all becomes a lot more friendly and again you get yourself known further.

I honestly, (and im not blind to some of the things that go on,) think you get out of it as much as you put in.

diamondgeezer

Visit site
Hi jhoward

I do agree with what your saying and I have had my Now 3 yr old out showing since a foal to which he has done reasonably well in both county and local level. Just was shocked by their total lack of interest. We had the class filmed and it stood out like a sore thumb.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
I honestly think you have to just shake it off, no point in asking judges why as ime they will give a pretty pants answer, Ive been in a class at county level where in the strip off the big name had 2 horses from said yard in top 3, then below me was another of the yard riders, she actully left her horse and came up to said yard rider and was telling her how to do things, now.. if you ask me it should not of been allowed, its a competiton not a flaming lesson!

But theses things happen, I know a lot of people say dont under the judge again, personally I would seek out the judge and go under them again to see what happen, and then ask for feed back.. LOL im a tough cookie and if my horse went from always being in the placings/winnings to not even being judged I would explore as to why.