Couple in court for "drug dealing Hemp".

rema

Visit site
This out of my local newspaper.
crazy.gif

Husband and wife horse breeders from Newquay appeared in court to admit cultivating and supplying cannabis - even though the prosecution admitted they had actually been growing hemp bedding for their horses.Linda Beck, 54, from Whitecross, grew widely available hemp core fibre to make a bed for her show horse Harlyn Polly Flinders, a grand-daughter of Shergar.

But Devon and Cornwall police officers accused she and husband Harold of having a cannabis farm - and the Crown Prosecution Service pressed charges.

This week at Truro Crown Court a barrister explained to a judge how "you would need a huge pipe" to smoke harmless hemp core fibre as a drug.

Mr and Mrs Beck accepted a conditional discharge - but only if the CPS admitted they grew the hemp "for the purpose of horse bedding".

Prosecuting counsel Ron Ede explained: "There is a somewhat tortuous history to this case, as hemp is grown and I understand sold quite cheaply for horse bedding."

And defence counsel Robert Linford protested: "I've brought here some pictures of some very happy horses bedded down in cannabis.

"It makes a warm and comfortable bed," he explained, and went on: "They grow this stuff by the field-full. You'd need a huge pipe to smoke it and get any effect." After the case Mrs Beck explained: "I was chatting to an exhibitor at a local horse show, admiring his horse's shiny, clean coat, and he told me it was all due to hemp bedding he produced.

"So I arranged to go back and get some from him at the next show. Apparently hemp core bedding is much more eco-friendly, so we thought that would be better.

"It's also much cleaner and more comfortable for the horses. The next thing the police were accusing me of drug dealing." Mr Beck, 55, added: "It may have all been horseplay in court, but we have had a very worrying and distressing year."

suzyseymour

Visit site
Thats class!! I used to rent a field off an elderly couple who would grown anything and everything. Took great pride in thier garden and green house. Their son went round one day and noticed one of their plants. He asked them where they'd got it from. Evidently they had grown it from some budgie seed, its was a canabis plant!! No wonder budgies are always tweeting!!

Needless to say the plant went straight in the bin!!

silversox

Visit site
A few years ago we put down a strip around the headland of a large grass field as pheasant cover, using a specially mixed seed variety. It included hemp, sunflower, millet and purple kale. It looked quite lovely in the autumn - don't know whether the pheasants got high though!!