Courier issues, please read

JillA

Visit site
I guess I'm lucky, I can have anything and everything delivered to work. Royal Mail have managed to lose more of my property than couriers though. My mum is still waiting for her Mothering Sunday card posted first class 2 years ago.

Yes, me too - two recorded delivery letters (which had no intrinsic value but lost me a claim from a local trader) and a horse's passport. They should increase the compensation so that it hurts - a max of £20 is neither here or there.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
How much do you want it increasing? It does vary with the delivery- signed for is £50 Special delivery you can get up to 2.5k

crazycorkey

Visit site
Quick update for those that are interested.
After spending what seems like a lifetime on the phone to Myhermes head office it has now been established that the parcel was first damaged and then lost. (Stolen)
I have submitted a claim form so I'm now waiting for them to give me my money back so I can refund the buyer her money back.

Thank you everybody for all the help and advice it really is very very much appreciated.

muckypony

Visit site
Quick update for those that are interested.
After spending what seems like a lifetime on the phone to Myhermes head office it has now been established that the parcel was first damaged and then lost. (Stolen)
I have submitted a claim form so I'm now waiting for them to give me my money back so I can refund the buyer her money back.

Thank you everybody for all the help and advice it really is very very much appreciated.

Great that you seem to be getting somewhere, but does this now mean that you will be saddleless and moneyless?

crazycorkey

Visit site
Great that you seem to be getting somewhere, but does this now mean that you will be saddleless and moneyless?

Hi,
I insured the saddle via myhermes up to their maximum which is £250. They will also be giving me my postage back but that still means after I refund the buyer her money back I will still be loosing around £50. (Buyer paid £310.89 including postage)

It's an extremely frustrating situation but I'm totally fed up of Myhermes and would rather pay the £40 than continue the low level torture.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yodel are awful IMO. My biggest pet peeve is certain couriers who charge extra to deliver to us in NE Scotland, considering us as "Highlands & Islands" when in actual fact we are a 2.5 hour drive from the Highlands and are very much part of mainland Britain, it costs no extra especially when all the other couriers dont find it in issue! We ordered a set of jump wings the other day, the sellers called us after saying their courier said we were "Highlands" so they wanted £60 postage! Thankfully the seller was kind enough to cover half of it, but even so - what a joke. Usually I refuse to order from people who use these stupid couriers!

Patchworkpony

Visit site
I had something delivered by My Hermes a while ago and they had just tossed the package over the well into my front garden!
Same thing happened to me - they came round the back (didn't ring the bell) and put my husband's birthday present through the open window of his study. He opened it as he thought I had left it there for him and it totally spoilt the surprise. Had to buy him another present! The time before they just chucked a package over the gate. Totally useless company.