Coventry - Brandon Woods

Pixie88

Visit site
Hi,

So took my boy up to Brandon woods this weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone local knows the best routes to go? I went straight up to the livery yard then turned right... not the path that goes towards the school.

Do you know how long /far this goes? I didn't go to far just through the a couple of gates then turned back as it was getting very hot and I had my dog & other half on foot with me. (if anyone is on that yard - I love the appy!!! and I apologise for the noise my boy was making and for setting the horses off!)

The Snowman

Visit site
Hi Pixie88,

I have my horse at the livery yard at Brandon Woods. Mine is an appy, though not the one you saw as he has a lot less spots! (7 to be precise!)

If you go through the gate on the right and follow the track past the chicken farm, you will get to an open bit of land, there is a fork, left through the wood, and right onto a long gravel track. if you take the left fork, keep following the path around to the left and you will eventually get to a lane, you follow the lane around past a few houses on your left. You can then take a right turn (easily spotted) go through a gate and keep following that path round. At the end of this there will be a three way fork. Left goes to the main Bretford straight road. Straight on goes to Bretford village, and right takes you back up through the woods to where you first started! It's a lovely hack where you can have a couple of short canters too. I think its about 2 miles long maybe all the way round.

I hope all my directions make sense!! There are plenty of other hacks around this way too :)

:)

Pixie88

Visit site
Hi Pixie88,

I have my horse at the livery yard at Brandon Woods. Mine is an appy, though not the one you saw as he has a lot less spots! (7 to be precise!)

If you go through the gate on the right and follow the track past the chicken farm, you will get to an open bit of land, there is a fork, left through the wood, and right onto a long gravel track. if you take the left fork, keep following the path around to the left and you will eventually get to a lane, you follow the lane around past a few houses on your left. You can then take a right turn (easily spotted) go through a gate and keep following that path round. At the end of this there will be a three way fork. Left goes to the main Bretford straight road. Straight on goes to Bretford village, and right takes you back up through the woods to where you first started! It's a lovely hack where you can have a couple of short canters too. I think its about 2 miles long maybe all the way round.

I hope all my directions make sense!! There are plenty of other hacks around this way too :)

:)

Hi,

I didn't know there was a livery there until yesterday! Yes this one had a few more then 7 spots!

That's the route I took I probably got about half way down path through the wooded area to the left. The hacking is lovely I have to trailer up to come so it is when I have the time.

Thank You!

The Snowman

Visit site
Hi,

I didn't know there was a livery there until yesterday! Yes this one had a few more then 7 spots!

That's the route I took I probably got about half way down path through the wooded area to the left. The hacking is lovely I have to trailer up to come so it is when I have the time.

Thank You!

Yes it's well hidden!! :)

Plenty of miles of offroad hacking if you know where you are going, though I imagine it is slightly more tricky when you trailer over to a new place!

Hope you have fun exploring this summer! :)

Pixie88

Visit site
Next time I will be sending you a message! A tour guide :) We have some lovely hacks by us, we just have to do about 15 minutes of busy roads to get there! But it is nice to take him somewhere new occasionally.

The Snowman

Visit site
Next time I will be sending you a message! A tour guide :) We have some lovely hacks by us, we just have to do about 15 minutes of busy roads to get there! But it is nice to take him somewhere new occasionally.

Oh yes please do, I am free most weekends and love going hacking around the yard so if you ever want someone to show you some routes just let me know :)

I know what you mean, I love exploring and going new places, just wish I had my own transport to explore all the time! :)

Pixie88

Visit site
Can do :) I wont be able to in the next few week sas i am hoping to go to one of the local show next week and a sponsored ride this weekend. But i am up for it. Where are you based JulesRules?

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Hi...
I'm being nosey... Is this the yard off the round about by the Elms?
We have recently moved house onto the Coventry Road still in Birmingham but looking for yards Cov way now as getting to the yard in Wythall actually takes longer than driving into Coventry!