Covering up scars? Any sugestions?

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Hi, I'm planning on taking my youngster to her first show this month. Unnfortunately she has several scars on her legs, just patches of white hair on her black legs. Whats the best way to cover these? Horse make up?
Any help appreciated
laugh.gif

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
I asked this a couple of weeks ago, and tried hair dye, unnfortunately she reacted to the allergy test, so would be wary of using henna too...
frown.gif

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Depending on colour, makeup often does the trick! or face pain depending on colour.... as you can get allergenic face paints etc (as I used to have to have it as a child!
frown.gif
)

megwan1

Visit site
boot polish if black or dark legs would cover up well but check breed standards and turnout rules as some make up and extensions are not allowed
smile.gif

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
She's going in sport horse classes so no rules on turnout i believe, its such as shame as otherwise her legs are in good shape, its just these white scars. Her legs are black. Would boot polish not come of in the judges hands if they felt her legs? Any recomended horse make up products?
I don't think mascara would work as a few of them are quite large... the largest is just smaller than the size of a £5 note...

BFG

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Would boot polish not come of in the judges hands if they felt her legs?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as i am aware (feel free to correct me) the judge isn’t allowed to touch the horse any more, something to do with health and safety i think. Certainly in my last 2 show seasons no judge has run there hands down his legs.

There is a spray product that is really good i will call my local take shop when the open to get the name, but boot polish is just as good and is what most people use