CP's Senior Home International Report

Worried1

Visit site
So I'm writing this from my hospital bed! Don't panic I didn't fall off, I've finally had surgery in my hip so this enforced rest is giving me time to write a report and bring you up to date with the adventures of my painted pony!

I was selected to represent Team Southern at Novice... But given I hadn't ridden her at Novice I needed to get out and prove we could hold our own! So entered Pacesham and Cobham and was thrilled to win 3 out of 4 (but went training) with my best score at this level being 67.7%

Still convinced I was making up the numbers I set about making preparations for our 1000 mile round trip! Took military planning on an epic scale and was made all the more complicated by the fact I was working flat out trying to be organised as I knew I was going in for surgery as soon as we returned!

Mr W was taking Arthur for mediums so we had two horses plus kit, friends very kindly lent us their 7.5 tonne lorry as ours is still being finished. Somehow in the run up to our departure last friday and between work I managed to trim Arthur and CP rode before and after work in the dark :( (winter is coming).

So Thursday evening last few items went into the lorry and then the alarm was set for 3am :eek: to be honest I barely slept but when the alarm went off we stumbled out of bed got showered and dressed before heading out to the yard where the horses were very surprised to see us. Fed A and CP and then loaded them and leaving at 4am.

We had an awesome run! No traffic anywhere made several stops to water ponies and swap over so we shared the driving and arrived at Rowallan at 2pm!

With the team trot-up at 3.40pm i needed to plait them both and Arthur was really lit up so we decided to get on and work him before the trot-up, he settled eventually and then it was a made dash to get them ready and us changed into our team clothing!

I've never taken CP away overnight and will admit to being a bit taken back by how worried she was! She attached herself to either Arthur or me and neither continuously! Both were accepted which was a massive weight off out shoulders as they had been in the lorry for 10 hours!

Then it was time for the opening ceremony and it was such a great atmosphere and brilliant to be part of it :)

I then worked CP who was wild :eek: Mr W worked his magic, and calmed us both down and I felt much happier having got some nice work and she settled.

We put both to bed and grabbed some grub with the rest of the team before retiring to bed as we were both shattered and we wanted to do the arena walks. A much needed shower and bed and when we woke at 6.30am I felt like a new woman!

Did the arena walks on a very bouncy CP who was still neighing her head off! It was embarrassing as she's supposed to be a calm steady Eddie type and A is the loon...

First up was Mr W doing M69, he did a nice test, not amazing but accurate and a fair reflection if where he is 65.5% and 11th out of 23.

I was 3rd in my class N23 and wasn't in till 2.14 so had time to eat and support the rest of the team.

She warmed up well if still a little bright but I was super brave and just kept repeating my little mantra... 'Round, down and out!'

Went in to my arena and CP leapt an imaginary jump which momentarily threw me but quickly gathered myself together and trotted round ready for the bell which I didn't hear! :rolleyes: so had to be reminded ;)

Did a forward accurate test, in the last couple of weeks we have developed more power and uphill tendancies, as result there is a loss of balance at times but there are some real wow moments!

Thrilled with 65.45% and 9th place, bearing in mind only our 5th Novice!

Has a lovely evening celebrating my birthday with the gang and then I to karaoke and dancing... Fair to say a certain judge will never again be seen in the same light :eek:

Next day I was in the indoor arena for N35, I was so nervous I cried as I was feeling the pressure of this being my last ride for at least 4 months an wanting to do well. I still haven't got fully to grips with coping with my nerves, I am much better but have accepted that a cry is my release :confused:

I did what I thought was a lovely test, one judge loved her placing us 4th the other judge didn't and it was almost 20 marks difference :( I got 62.8% but was still good enough for 10th place meaning I finished 10th individually :D

Poor Mr W had 22 marks difference and also finished 10th but overall he finished 11th but his team were equal 9th.

The closing ceremony was brilliant and I went up to get my 10th place rosette and had a moment! I looked back on the last 16 months and am just so proud of what we have achieved, when I bought her I just wanted a safe plod, she has exceeded any hopes and dreams I had. I simply wanted to poorle about at prelim and try a couple of novices.

Instead weaver regularly scored 70% at Novice been to Hickstead masters semi finals and Finals, done the Area Festival qualifying for Hartpury and also qualifying for the summer and Winter regionals!!!!!

So now I'm recuperating CP is having an easy run and my goal is to get back for the regionals!

Can you remind me how to post pics from photobucket? I have lots :D

Feisty Mare

Visit site
Well done! Sounds like you had a good time. No idea how to do photos but will check back later for a peek when you've worked it out!!!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
You've been on a fantastic journey with CP and no doubt once you are fit again, you will continue onto even bigger and better things. A massive well done, and to Mr Worried and Arthur as well. :)

Interesting what you say about the discrepancies between judges. My instructor had that at the nationals. She was competing at medium so there were 5 judges and her high and low scores were 8% apart. One judge even put her above the winner, but she came around half way through the class overall. It can make such a difference. :(

Hope your recovery is smooth and trouble free - definitely planned it for the right time of the year now the days are closing in. :)

dianchi

Visit site
Wicked well done to both of you!

Pics- Photobucket, click on the cog on each pic and copy the IMG code!
Cant wait to see them!

mil1212

Visit site
Crikey that's a long journey :eek3: sounds like you had a great time though, and well worth it, you can't beat a good CP ;) What a great partnership you have. Hope you can relax now and enjoy putting your feet up :)

PorkChop

Visit site
First of all I hope your recovery goes well x

What great solid scores for your first novice tests, go CP! Bless her that she was worried about her sleepover, she just needs a bit of practice.

nikkimariet

Visit site
*spinks* for recovery :)

Massive well done!!!!! I kept checking fb and BD for the results and was cheering you both on, really pleased for you all!

JGC

Visit site
What a fabulous report and what lovely memories to look back on and motivate yourself with while you're recuperating.

Can't wait to see the pics :)

Abbeygale

Visit site
Well done! Sounds like a fab weekend. My friend went up from Cornwall and she absolutely loved the whole thing. The stable dressing competition sounded as though it was particularly good fun! :)

Worried1

Visit site
Thanks everyone I feel like I've been in such a journey and its made all the more special with HHO backing me every step of the way.

I'm a bit dozy to reply individually but I do appreciate your comments :)
CD558F6F-6FD7-4FA2-AB4B-6D3701EE7EA1-1889-000001B24DF877DF_zpsb93b33c2.jpg

E9229609-2765-42B2-B343-07C20B95D234-1889-000001B264D5D864_zps8bd0132d.jpg

ECCE62D2-D71D-489B-AD22-A6D1483F1D15-1889-000001B274F42D9C_zpsa9907a46.jpg

D47E350E-F648-4DAF-84F4-8932DC804097-1889-000001B2940073CF_zpsc39197cc.jpg

76D1432E-044B-43EC-8136-466BCAD70FFE-1889-000001B2B45E85A6_zpsde754a51.jpg

1E9CF265-D85C-4944-9639-04303CDDC4D0-1889-000001B285DDF237_zps0d320a34.jpg

9BAD76D3-83A6-41E7-BAF8-CCFD7ED2393D-1889-000001B27CEBCB87_zps7763d42e.jpg

7F3CAEFC-121A-4113-9CCB-EE919BE88C27-1889-000001B26C7E0E4E_zpsfcb57c1b.jpg

Nicnac

Visit site
Firstly hope op went well & you're soon back on your feet. You know how I love CP - you have done brilliantly with her and she's a mega-star.

Who would have thought you would have done so much as a team - worth going back and reading your first posts when you got her - hope you've let Emma know of your successes!

If you need anything do shout! xx