Cream saddlepad on a grey?

Bav

Visit site
Heeeyyy! Wondering if you lovely folks could offer some opinions and/or photos?
I'm after a Whiteish saddlepad for competing and dressage but I have a grey (fully greyed out mane, tail and face but still quite dappley and darker grey around the legs) I know she'll grey out even more and I've found a cream saddlepad with gold piping I like.
Do you think cream would look better then white? I will only be doing prelim and would be wearing tweed as I personally think it looks softer on greys.

Also I just want to oogle some pictures of other people's greys...(I have a fetish)

fiwen30

Visit site
Think I'd go for white tbh, cream on a grey might make either one look a bit grubby. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong though!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Definitely white as far as I am concerned. This is my lovely boy before he broke. :(

1239773_297453940393640_1198633241_n.jpg

And a link to a pro pic I bought: https://www.facebook.com/MrCamHorse...3388098133558/396143360524697/?type=3&theater

Good luck! xx

Last edited:

Bav

Visit site
Think I'd go for white tbh, cream on a grey might make either one look a bit grubby. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong though!
Ahh see my thinking was that it might make her look cleaner xD like what wearing canary jods does hahaha.
I'm not a fan of black, much prefer brown on a grey but I am a bit pathetic and would stick to either cream or white for dressage. White it is though! Thankyou!

Bav

Visit site

Illusion100

Visit site
White for any competition, regardless of the colour of the horse and whether affiliated or not!

Yes, I'm a Nazi about this, shoot me! :p

I'm quite a Traditional person in that wearing coloured numnah/saddlecloth etc in a Comp is Sacrilege. I'm also not a fan of people wearing coloured jackets, particularly when people originally had to earn the right to wear Colours, nowadays it's fashion choice, not an Honour.

Yet, no colour you present either yourself or your horse in will distract a Dressage Judge from the quality of the work performed.

Cowpony

Visit site
I use black on my mostly white coloured. My tack is black so a neat black numnah looks fine. White just makes my horse look dirty.

But I second the comment that the judge will mark your performance, not your turnout.

Last edited:

catkin

Visit site
May not be the fashion or the done thing anymore - when I was competing a grey we used a white saddle-shaped numnah or a shaped sheepskin. Solved the problem because it could hardly be seen, she was also very short-backed so it actually didn't 'swamp' her either. PS - we used bridle-numbers for dressage which are a lot more common now rather than numbers on a pad.

Bav

Visit site
White it is! I've seen a nice b-vertigo one with a brownish/gold piping and navy edging which I think will break her up and go nicely with my tweed!
Thank the Lord for you guys otherwise I'd have naively brought the eskadron cream pad with gold binding. The White one is still sitting in my basket however...