Cross Country Clinics within easy travelling distance of Bristol

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Does anyone know of any XC or Showjumping clinics within an hour and a half or so's travelling distance of Bristol, in the first quarter of 2011.

I'm looking for something like the clinics Mary King runs (can't find her website??) aimed at an new horse & rider combination, experienced rider, but new to eventing as a present for a friend. XC for preference, but would consider SJ if it was going to be something that would benefit her

I cant find anything for 2011 up anywhere, I quite fancied Stockton Lovell, does anyone have any suggestions?

MegaBeast

Visit site
Pontispool would be worth checking - further down the M5 than SLM but very close to the motorway so similar time wise.

In the other direction check out hilltops at ledbury. They do a lot clinics there, Lucinda Green and Robert Stevens amongst others.

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Thanks, we've competed at Pontispool and Stockton so theyre easy distance, Hilltops is local..

Can anyone recomend an XC clinic or SJ (for eventing) clinic that they've found really good. I was thinking about Mary King but can't find her website, if she has one...

The equestriantraining events link could be useful in the future, but is very limited for Jan-Mar 11 in the area I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I want it to be close enough to Christmas to be a present, but also of use for preparing for season 2011!

Thank you

susie2193

Visit site
Eric and Lizzel Winter run a 3 day Pre event course at the end of Feb, based at their yard in Chepstow, but travel off site for XC. Should be on the Severnvale website or pm me for contact details.

kirkton

Visit site
The equestriantraining events link could be useful in the future, but is very limited for Jan-Mar 11 in the area I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I want it to be close enough to Christmas to be a present, but also of use for preparing for season 2011!

Thank you

Most trainers/venues only plan about 6 to 8 weeks in advance. I think you'll have to wait til December to find out what is on Jan-Mar. As soon as clinics are announced they are added to the diary pages so keep checking back!

NR99

Visit site
Richard Waygood is doing some in February at Rabson Manor in Wilts. Don't think the link I have will work so if you are on FB just search the following: -

Richard Waygood Simulated Cross Country Clinic

:)

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions, food for thought certainly.

I was hoping I could have got this all arranged sooner, as its planned to be a Christmas present, ah well have to look in Dec.

Thank you everyone.