Cross country lessons Scotland

jib1987

Visit site
Can anyone reccomend a good instructor for XC in Scotland? Have heard good things about David Gatherer, does anyone have any experiences or know where he teaches etc? Thanks

saz5083

Visit site
David used to teach me many moons ago in PC and I personally would definately rate him. He's very honest and will push you to achieve what he thinks you and your horse are capable of (he's very good at sussing out a partnership). I had a lesson with him for the first time in nearly 10years on my baby horse last year and got so much out of it!
If you check out the scottish equestrian association website and look in the events section you should find where he's running clinics. Alternatively I know he does some stuff at Oatridge but not sure if its XC or SJ. He's doing RC area training at Titwood this weekend but there may not be any spaces, though am sure if you contact a local RC they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Hope this helps

tiger_feet

Visit site
David's excellent! Really boosts your confidence, pushes you but only to the level he feels that the horse and rider is capable of. He's terrific at SJ training too. I made the mistake of mentioning to him during a lesson that I got the wobbles at spreads so up went a spread and we ended the session flying over a 1.20m spread - fantastic and I now don't get the wobbles!
grin.gif

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Les is great. I'm spoilt as he lives three miles down the road from me so get him once a fortnight!

But would also recommend David G too.

Go onto Event Horse Owners website and you'll get list of accredited trainers...try Caroline Powell too! And of course Mr Stark is great (as long as you don't mind being shouted at!!)