Cross country v showjumping style and videos??

SueAllen

Visit site
This probably sounds a bit of a numpty question but can somebody tell me the differences in techniques between cross country and show jumping and the reasons why? I kind of know most of it but as I want to do a lot of both and get a lot better at both I'd kind of like to have it clear in my head what I am aiming for to get better at each. Also, anyone know of any good sites where I can look at video clips of professionals jumping. (I'm too tight/poor to get a load of DVDs!!
frown.gif
) Thanks!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Showjumping is about being accreat, agility, pression, risk taking in jump off! Cross country is the relasionship to clear any thing thrown infront of you and your horse being bold and brave and worring about it later.

Hatty

Visit site
SJ you are on a shorter more bouncy stride, trying to keep in the same rhythm and not putting in a short stride or taking off a stride early. XC you want to get them going forwards and bowling along at a reasonable speed and then depending on what jump is coming up next adjusting their stride to suit. Hedges, chairs etc you wont need to adjust too much, combinations, arrowheads, coffins etc adjust stride and make sure off accuracy and angle to the jump.
Afraid I don't know of anywhere with videos, If you have Sky there is usually some SJ on Eurosport, otherwise if you have any free time go to any local shows or events and watch the different ways people go around the same course.
Hope that was of some help.

I_A_P

Visit site
you tube is good for videos......dont rally know wot ur lookin for but i have got video of me doing some xc schooling in my signature...and it should link you to similar ones of other people i think
smile.gif