Cruelty case - the Edges

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
It reminds me of the Haworth Arabian Stud case, I guess people just get over whelmed by numbers of horses and have this superiority complex where they believe no one else is worthy of the horses. There would of been some VERY nice horses in that lot, not just spotties. Be interesting to see what appears for rehoming (as far as I can tell on the website only one wee patchy pony available in the UK at the moment from the RSPCA)

The costs of rescuing around 50 horses from this case alone must be staggering. I am glad they got a conviction.

I suppose the excuse is "mental health" and perhaps just health in general but I would love to know the psychology of it, what do people in these cases think, that they will find a solution somehow? How in the hell can you be letting the dog out for a pee and ignoring horses that must have been whinnying or kicking their doors, how does it work, do you literally just get blind to the horror?

I am also a bit :eek: at some well known horsey names that are still FB friends with them.
Any that would have been in the care of the RSPCA will have been put into foster care where possible, once fit to travel. As soon as a case is proven in court with non return of animals, then they rehome.
As it's been a long time between uplift and legal case closure, I'd strongly suggest that future homes will have already been lined up in preparation.
Unfortunately, a number of pedigree animals are not often notified to breed society's (not saying this is the case here) that they are even part of any case, information only coming out months later after case is concluded and details publicised.

MissTyc

Visit site
How heartbreaking. I hope you are able to locate "your" horses, if only to confirm a happy ending for them.

My friend recognised her old horse in a riding school photo and reached out to say she'd bred the mare and was pleased to see her being a good girl ... Turned out the mare had got to the RS via a massive RSPCA seizure, had been through all sorts of mistreatment :( She too had been sold, riding nicely and ready to excel, to a knowledgeable local showing home ... No clue what then went wrong :(

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Both of those Arab cases were a disgrace I don't believe for 1 minute either had mental health issues, there were lots of talk about the Haworth woman way before the rspca got the horses, lots of people had concerns about her yard but for years nothing was done.

The peels on the other hand I think was a big shock to most people because of how they were involved in the Arab community, lots of people respected and trusted her that's how she ended up with so many horses that were on loan to her.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Any that would have been in the care of the RSPCA will have been put into foster care where possible, once fit to travel. As soon as a case is proven in court with non return of animals, then they rehome.
As it's been a long time between uplift and legal case closure, I'd strongly suggest that future homes will have already been lined up in preparation.
Unfortunately, a number of pedigree animals are not often notified to breed society's (not saying this is the case here) that they are even part of any case, information only coming out months later after case is concluded and details publicised.
I think alot of the Haworth horses were too far gone and pts to be saved, and alot of really good competition horses and ponies from the peels were destroyed unnecessarily, alot of them could have been useful and be put in nice homes and the ones on loan could have been reunited.

Even the man that was asked to shoot alot of them questioned why because they were not emaciated on deaths door and had minor issues that could have been treated.

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
I think alot of the Haworth horses were too far gone and pts to be saved, and alot of really good competition horses and ponies from the peels were destroyed unnecessarily, alot of them could have been useful and be put in nice homes and the ones on loan could have been reunited.

Even the man that was asked to shoot alot of them questioned why because they were not emaciated on deaths door and had minor issues that could have been treated.
Yes, sorry, wasnt clear in my post.
I was more responding to the OP that it was applicable to any in the uplift she mentioned, that were walking wounded etc. Apologies x

twofatladies88

Visit site
GW - don’t forget the prolific Dartmoor pony breeder - still breeding and selling. Remember the colt foal that they thought was a carcass until they saw an eyelid blink? Cruelty doesn’t seem to be restricted to breed. I don’t know how anyone can buy a Dartmoor from said breeder - I wouldn’t want to line their pockets. And it didn’t stop with ponies, cats were involved too and parents of said breeder. Are we to assume that they all had MH issues or were they just plain greedy and thought they wouldn’t get found out? It carried on even after prosecution and it still makes my blood boil. Rant over.

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
GW - don’t forget the prolific Dartmoor pony breeder - still breeding and selling. Remember the colt foal that they thought was a carcass until they saw an eyelid blink? Cruelty doesn’t seem to be restricted to breed. I don’t know how anyone can buy a Dartmoor from said breeder - I wouldn’t want to line their pockets. And it didn’t stop with ponies, cats were involved too and parents of said breeder. Are we to assume that they all had MH issues or were they just plain greedy and thought they wouldn’t get found out? It carried on even after prosecution and it still makes my blood boil. Rant over.
Has he broken the ban yet again? Has previous form....