crying is never an indicator of a good show... *show report*

Spudlet

Visit site
Sounds like a bit of a sod of a day:(

I wonder if you might find those sticky on heat packs you get for period pain / arthritus (how on earth do you spell that, not like I've done that's for sure:eek:) might help your bad leg on cold days? They are pretty slimline, so hopefully wouldn't show under your jods too much?

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
I think it sounds like you had a great show. You have tried your hardest and you were not beaten by half a tonne of dog food!!

I think the emphasis on shows shoudl change (in general...). No one should go to a show to win, you should go to a show to achieve little perks, you got 7s and 8s in the early part of your test! Well done! And you stayed on, completed the test and warmed down correctly! That's fabulous!

Don't be so hard on yourself! The mare was being a mare, and you were stopping her from misbehaving! Plan the next show for 2 weeks time, and the next for 2 weeks after that! I bet by the third show she will have calmed down and you will be consistantly improving, and the weather will be warming up!

Just chill out- this is supposed to be fun!!

Archangel

Visit site
Competing in January is pretty hard core in my opinion!

I once spent an entire test ricocheting off the walls :eek: before getting invited to leave :p One trainer on the way out took time out of her 'busy' life :p to say "I should think so too" just to rub it in. Had I been in a position to take one hand off the reins I would have found a suitable gesture as a reply :eek::D

Anyway what you need is a poem to cheer you up.

HUNTER TRIALS

It's awfully bad luck on Diana,
Her ponies have swallowed their bits;
She fished down their throats with a spanner
And frightened them all into fits.

So now she's attempting to borrow.
Do lend her some bits, Mummy, do;
I'll lend her my own for tomorrow,
But today I'll be wanting them too.

Just look at Prunella on Guzzle,
The wizardest pony on earth;
Why doesn't she slacken his muzzle
And tighten the breech in his girth?

I say, Mummy, there's Mrs. Geyser
And doesn't she look pretty sick?
I bet it's because Mona Lisa
Was hit on the hock with a brick.

Miss Blewitt says Monica threw it,
But Monica says it was Joan,
And Joan's very thick with Miss Blewitt,
So Monica's sulking alone.

And Margaret failed in her paces,
Her withers got tied in a noose,
So her coronet's caught in the traces
And now all her fetlocks are loose.

Oh, it's me now I'm terribly nervous
I wonder if Smudges will shy
She's practically certain to swerve as
Her Pelham is over one eye.

Oh wasn't it naughty of Smudges?
Oh, Mummy, I'm sick with disgust.
She threw me in front of the Judges,
And my silly old collarbone's bust.

John Betjeman

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I do wonder whether, given your previous thread about horses being up on their toes and that you have frequently said you are trying to put weight on Delicia, it might be worth having a good hard look at what you are feeding her to check that that isn't making her harder for you to handle.

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
I thnk you did great just to get their and get round :D Everytime i go to watch a big show, theres always at least 1 horse who plays up for whatever reason. I have never once questioned the rider but always tend to think 'ooh thats a bit unlucky'. I think you did great. Dont worry about the tears , i bet no one noticed. Think positive. She settled down and went well after this so you know she can do it. Sounds like you have lots on your plate. I always wonder who these people are who have horses and seem to have all the time in the world to train for comps etc.........freaks, i tell you! :D

Firewell

Visit site
If you had a push button ride it wouldn't be nearly so beautiful or as talented as D or give you as big highs (even if they do come with the lows!).
Chin up, competing in freezing temps can be pretty miserable! Spring soon, onwards and upwards!

Avonbrook

www.avonbrookstud.co.uk
It takes the lows to make you really appreciate the highs.

I also subscribe to the view that any time everyone comes home in one piece and even better still together, its a good day.

That poem never ages. My youngest discovered it the other day and read it out to me with great glee. Brought back memories of me doing the same to my mother at a similar age!

Horses, nothing changes through time really does it?!

4faults

Visit site
For what it's worth I have a mare exactly the same as Dee, hot, stressy, won't give an inch unless your perfect, and a duff back/leg. It's easy to feel like it's all too much and you want to sell but you need to look at the positives, look how far you have come with her. I am scared to take mine out to an intro as it could end with an a&e visit but I have to get on with it she's my horse and I choose to keep her.
Everyone has days like this with horses we all except it's part and parcel.
Next time you go out try to draw on the positives, you started and ended the day well ad that's something to be proud of, so many people would have let the bad affect the rest of the day and ended it badly for their horse

black_horse

Visit site
I do wonder whether, given your previous thread about horses being up on their toes and that you have frequently said you are trying to put weight on Delicia, it might be worth having a good hard look at what you are feeding her to check that that isn't making her harder for you to handle.

Dee is fed ad lib hay, afla A, colligone, garlic, alfabeet and saracens releve :)

black_horse

Visit site
well I am afraid this strengthens my view on NOT going out in the cold weather. No good can ever come of it ... ;) However, if you would like me to come and be your fiery bodyguard.. protecting you and Delicia against whisperers and the human female dog variety.

Tomorrow is another day!

Chillibum x

God you are such a moo moo! dont you have anything to keep you occupied :p

I had a chillibum on sunday, but not the good kind :( :)

Tegan

Visit site
Hi

I was at Bedgebury on Sunday and saw the second half of your first test. I think you did well to stay calm and was impressed with your patience. It was clear that Dee can do it, she was just seemed to find the canter very exciting. I don't think you should worry about the whispering. It might have felt like everyone was talking about you but honestly I didn't hear anyone say anything negative while I was there.

Dee is lovely. It was just one of those days and the cold probably didn't help.

Hope to see you next time. I will come and say hi. I do the novice tests and am on the skewbald cob.

Tegan

traceyann

Visit site
I feel your pain iv booked two of mine next month for dressage their both useless and my friend is going to put it on youtube well now exfriend to cheer you up and relise yours went a lot better than mines gonna there will lots of laugh with than thats for sure. Big bars of chocolate help me threw it. least you give it a go.