Current crop of riding tights ...

QuobAsti

Visit site
I’ve got two pairs of the Dublin gel seat warm-it riding tights and I love them. No pockets but do have loops for a belt if you need one.

I was just wondering if they stay up where they should be and don't need constantly pulling up all the time?

My current jods i have to wear with a belt and still find myself pulling them up :rolls eyes:

I bought a pair of Bridleway winter tights last year, wore them once as they needed constant pulling up, totally not practical

eggs

Visit site
I was just wondering if they stay up where they should be and don't need constantly pulling up all the time?

My current jods i have to wear with a belt and still find myself pulling them up :rolls eyes:

I bought a pair of Bridleway winter tights last year, wore them once as they needed constant pulling up, totally not practical

I have a couple of pairs of Dublin winter riding tights. They have a fairly thick elastic waistband and I have found that they stay put

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I've got several pairs of Musto thermal riding jeggings, they're fleece lined and are fantastic! Hate taking 'em off! No pockets on them, which is a bit of a disadvantage, but then you're riding in the winter when you're already bundled up in jackets with loads of pockets in, so not a problem. These don't have any "sticky bum", which suits me fine as a ride on a suede-seat saddle.

Have also got a pair of Equafleece riding tights; they're fleecy lined but not as warm as the Musto's. I tend to wear them on cold Spring or Autumn days, or when its raining as even if you do ride in the rain in them, they'll wick away the moisture and you won't feel cold! The drawback with them is that because of the material they're made of I think they'd be really slippery on a bog-standard leather saddle!

Both of these styles are pull-on. Ideal!

Annagain

Visit site
I have Equilibra ones from Kramer. I bought them in the Spring but accidentally bought the winter ones so I've only been able to wear them recently as they're so warm. I also accidentally bought a size smaller than I thought I was buying. I'm a 14 so bought a 30" as that's what I've always done and then when I saw them in the sale and thought about buying another pair (I'm too skint really) I saw the size guide and a 14 is actually a 32". The 30" fit well though so they must come up large. I didn't want full seat sticky ones (a friend makes a squelching noise while doing rising trot and I wanted to avoid that!) and they were they only ones that just have gel knee pads. I really like them, they're comfy, relatively cheap, lovely and warm and have washed really well.

ReelyWheelie

Visit site
Are the noble outfitters ones suitable for gym or pilates?

Or any particular styles that are?
Tried on hw ones and didn't particularly like them, seemed cheap material for the price

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I looked at them when buying jodhpurs recently but was put off by the pattern on the sticky bit on all the ones at my local tack shop. They had some really nice plain ones but they were mega expensive so stuck to jodhpurs if there was a nice plain inexpensive pair I'd be interested

dreamcometrue

Visit site
I have some Noble Outfitters balance riding tights. They are my least favourite as every particle of hay and hair sticks to them so they look dirty all the time. My preferred brand is Horseware and the dappled ones are fabulous.

mustardsmum

Visit site
I have the Horseware tights, and ride in them all year round (put thermals underneath in winter). They are really comfortable and are flattering (especially if you are, erm, slightly older... yes that's me....). At first I was skeptical about the position of the knee patches, but actually they are totally in the right place and not so grippy that you feel attached to your saddle. They have worn really well - have two pairs that I have ridden in everyday for the last 18 months and they wash well, coming up like new. The mesh panels on the side are fab in the hot weather, and surprisingly with a good thermal base layer, they are fine in the winter. They have great pockets and the only thing I can complain about is the largely useless, small reflective logo on the pocket has come off. But in the great scheme of things, this is nothing and I will never go back to traditional jods! Weirdly, you rarely see people mention them on these types of posts?

ReelyWheelie

Visit site
Ummm........ I've seen people wearing "riding tights" at an equine event, that obviously had a strip of elastic underneath one's, ehrmm backside, i.e. crack!

OK on a slim size 10 teenager, but anyone over 30 is gonna just roll their eyes heaven-ward and think OMFG never in a million years could I ever wear that...........
Yeah they seem so skimpy. I only really want them for gym tbh
Think ill just go with Nike running gear

huskydamage

Visit site
Ummm........ I've seen people wearing "riding tights" at an equine event, that obviously had a strip of elastic underneath one's, ehrmm backside, i.e. crack!

OK on a slim size 10 teenager, but anyone over 30 is gonna just roll their eyes heaven-ward and think OMFG never in a million years could I ever wear that...........

Im over 30 (just 😂) I think I look pretty decent in mine 👌 I tend to go for darker colours to avoid any unnecessary arse crack silhouette.
The trouble I'm having is I buy them on ebay but the brands sem to vary so much in quality, its a lucky dip whether they are decent or flimsy. I've never had a pair of jods that were thin/weak material.