Curvy ladies - talk to me about breeches . . . .

Muddywellies

Visit site
Needing new competition breeches. I need a 'structured' pair - riding tights sort of style are way too revealing. Low rise don't fit me. Need beige as I'm not slim enough for white. And I need a stretchy seat - why do manufacturers make lovely stretchy breeches then stick a non stretchy seat on them?? And realistically priced - ideally up to £100. Any suggestions ?

Thea

Visit site
I love my treadstep breeches, they are a tan colour and the full seat is tapered at the knee so no pinching or stiffness. They are soooo comfortable, hard wearing and very flattering. I think they might be slightly over £100 but some online places usually have them in the sale. I find they come up big too and wear a size down in them compared to other breeches.

I also have horze ones that are called a mushroom colour I think and have silicone seat rather than full seat, they are cheaper at about £50. No where near as nice as the treadstep ones but equally flattering. I don’t have particularly big thighs but they are a slim fit on the thighs and big on the waist I’ve found but nice and stylish.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Equetech grip seat - high waisted, stretchy and both the beige and champagne colours are way more flattering than white ... and if you buy the white ones cheap in a sale they also dye well so can do grey, brown etc for yard use!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I swear by Dublins, they're the only britches I truly feel comfortable in. I have some Equetech ones but find the waist far too high.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Horze, dublin or HKM. I avoid fuller fillies after too much rudeness from the owner and her awful attitude to others online. Also their never in stock and aren't in the least well made or flattering. HKM go up to a size 26 I think, though you haven't said your exact size so Horze and Dublin should be fine :)

Muddywellies

Visit site
I'm a 14-16 so can usually find off the peg ones rather than getting plus size. BUT i have hips and thighs and am not an ideally shaped dressage rider which most breeches seem to be made for. I've tried most of the suggestions but not yet tried Equetech and the Ariat Olympia so ill try to find some. I had almost settled on Pikeur Lugana but I just think the material is a little thin so you can see every lump and bump ( unless it was just bad lighting) and found the non stretch seat a bit restrictive, so I decided against them.

ihatework

Visit site
Caldene do a nice high waisted competition breech. Various options on colours and knees/full seat.

The material is thicker and with more stretch than the Pikeur Laguna (which are my day to day breech of choice) but the cut is pretty similar.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I've got to admit, my Toggi breeches are probably the most flattering, followed by Dublin.

I've got a previously curvy friend (I'm envious of her very impressive weight loss) who swears by Laflex equestrian and I'm very tempted to try them. I love that they use a full range of models (so they don't just show you a size 12 model in a size 12, they have a model of each size so you can see what they really look like)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have some high waisted dublins would never have even tried them on normally but they were at a closing down sale. The are very comfortable (hunting) and flattering when I do them up. That is the bit that is proving problematic current though :eek:

little_critter

Visit site
Not sure how curvey they are but I love my Rugged breeches. They wear and last so well and are comfortable. The style I have aren't too clingy either.