cushings

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I’ve not tried the paste. Have you actually tried the tablets? I cut a tiny thin slice out of a carrot, pop the tablet in and put the “lid” back over the hole, then feed by hand to my mare before I give her feed bucket to her. She’s incredibly fussy about medication usually, but has been happily eating the carrot for two years now.

question

New User
Visit site
I’ve not tried the paste. Have you actually tried the tablets? I cut a tiny thin slice out of a carrot, pop the tablet in and put the “lid” back over the hole, then feed by hand to my mare before I give her feed bucket to her. She’s incredibly fussy about medication usually, but has been happily eating the carrot for two years now.
no, buva say they have tweaked it so going to try again. he used to eat anything in a jam sandwich and/or carrot now he wont even eat a straight jam buttie

question

New User
Visit site
If you can get the tablets, buy some pharmaceutical gel capsules (eBay), size 1 for 1mg Prascend tablets, put the tablet in the capsule, close tightly and drop in food. The horse will not be able to smell the tablet.
If you can get the tablets, buy some pharmaceutical gel capsules (eBay), size 1 for 1mg Prascend tablets, put the tablet in the capsule, close tightly and drop in food. The horse will not be able to smell the tablet.
brilliant idea - that would work for gel as well i would think - thanks

zandp

Visit site
I have to rotate how I feed the Prascend tablet regularly, although fingers crossed, diluting it in water and syringing it into food (she's needle phobic and so I can't syringe into her mouth) has been working for a good while now.

Melody Grey

Visit site
I’ve never heard of these, so they’re a new one on me but will remember this for future reference! Thanks :)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Try different feeds? I can no longer get mine to eat it in a carrot or apple but anything nutty, so a handful of pony nuts which I don’t actually like giving him but that worked, now he’s eating it in a handful of hifi molasses free, again I’m not keen as it contains alfalfa but it gets the pill down so I allow it!