Cut stop pad

Clodagh

Visit site
Ffee cut her stop pad a few weeks ago. It stitched up well and after 10 days they were taken out.
Got the all clear for her to go back to work but after one day it has opened up again. Not the flesh like originally but the outer layer of skin.
I am undecided as to wet/dry/covered/uncovered is best this time. I’m currently leaving it uncovered and putting wound gel on it.
It’s not bad but I really don’t want it to get any worse.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I think I'd worry about dirt getting in... Could you cover when out, to keep muck out, and uncover when in? I'm sure you have. If it was a paw, maybe a boot, but you can't put a boot on a stop pad, unless you put a knee-high on ??

Bellasophia

Visit site
If this cut keeps opening can I suggest germolene cream..Im a klutz in the kitchen,even sliced the tip off my finger on one occasion.I use germolene and it repaired in a couple of days.Im so impressed with the healing powers of this old fashioned cream I even order it from Amazon as we can’t buy it here.

paisley

Visit site
From a skinny self harming whippet owner- I'd suggest uncovered (unless its being 'helpfully' licked), and a saline wash and towel blot after walks.
I use eye saline stuff from Boots as its cheap and comes in a handy squirty bottle. I know its tricky to gauge but at some point with wound healing, less is more so to speak.

Roxylola

Visit site
My spaniel did hers years ago. Vet offered to stitch but said they rarely heal well. They offered a bottle of surgical spirit applied twice a day and monitor as a more practical alternative. It does stung I've used it on myself but it healed quickly and cleanly and has never caused any further issue

Clodagh

Visit site
I’m sorry I missed these replies. I am keeping it clean and was given a can of blue aerosol from the next door sheep farmer so me and her are both blue.
She has a fur lined boot when needed but we are mainly doing road and grass so she isn’t wearing it much.
Germolene is a good idea. I make my own saline in a squirt my bottle so can nuke it with that too.
I feel my dogs are setting out to have time off!