Cutting costs on wormers?

Archina

Visit site
Have heard a few times that you can buy wormers from America which do the same job but are a lot cheaper. :confused: With 11 horses I welcome any way which saves me some money! :rolleyes:

Has anyone done this? If so, which brand did you buy?

KrujaaLass

Visit site
I had been buying wormers for a while from Australia with no problem. Last lot had to pay tax on them and £10 for Post Office to repackage them. So didnt work out any cheaper that time. Just browse internet now for cheapest in UK

vieshot

Visit site
I paid for cheap wormers online. Got a worm count done and the results were not as they should have been and the wormer had not done an affective job. Im fussy about the wormers I buy now.

Archina

Visit site
I had been buying wormers for a while from Australia with no problem. Last lot had to pay tax on them and £10 for Post Office to repackage them. So didnt work out any cheaper that time. Just browse internet now for cheapest in UK

I hadnt even thought about Australia! :rolleyes: If I was doing it, it would need to be a large order as postage is pretty high.

I paid for cheap wormers online. Got a worm count done and the results were not as they should have been and the wormer had not done an affective job. Im fussy about the wormers I buy now.

Yea, this is one of my concerns so I am currently looking into the ingredients to see what the difference is between our wormers and the US wormers. I am not sure if we have different kind of worms than ones in america either? :confused: lol

PandorasJar

Visit site
I spent a while in Scats this weekend looking through their wormers.

When my last batch runs out I'll be changing to one of theirs from Equest for some of the year. However I'll still be using Equest Pramox as this and Panacur are the only ones to cover encysted developing larval stages of small red worms.

Some won't cover tapeworm, some not red worm etc etc.

So be very careful to read exactly what you're covering for.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Iv also heard on the great vine that mole valleys cheap wormers use a different cheaper carrier for the drug which doesn't seem as effective.

FairyLights

Visit site
The best way to reduce worming costs is to worm for tapeworm, encysted reds and worm count the rest of the year. Dont forget to poo-pick.