Cyclist banned

LaurenBay

Visit site
wait is it a lifetime ban or 12 month? title says one thing and article says another. Glad they took it seriously though.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
The response from the organisers has been excellent since the collision occurred. Horrible for OP and her horse but the resultant publicity and attention has been invaluable. It's an ill wind and all that.

Junebug44

Visit site
Not really, they are talking about signage, in other words they expect horse-riders to stay off the route when it is signed better. Should they really be able to close the road by default?

I agree - great that they've taken it seriously, but I'd like to see more emphasis on educating cyclists and at least some answer to show they've considered the question as to so much racing on the roads now.

On a separate note there are a lot of lone cyclists who I think could do better - I don't mind sharing the road with another hobbyist, and am always considerate, but the other day, I follow a cyclist for about three miles along a road with them right out in the middle. There were plenty of opportunities for them to glide in a bit to let me pass safely, but no. As horse riders, our aim is always to get in a position where traffic/cycles can pass us safely, not to ride out in the middle of the road indefinitely.