Cyclists!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
As said before, there are no bridle paths! I live in the countryside but there are no bridle paths. I dont understand it. All the walkers i've met have been lovely, especially the ramblers with their maps. The only agro i've ever had whilst on the bike was for riding on a cycle path. Work that one out!

It doesn't really matter whether you are in the countryside or not, you cannot cycle on footpaths. We have a lot of trouble with people cycling up our drive way (which is a footpath) because they are either too simple to educate themselves between the different rights of way, or too up their own bottoms to realise they might actually be in the wrong. I wouldn't actually mind, asides from when people start cycling through drilled fields it makes a mess, and inevitably they have to turn around and come back the way we came.

I am sick of hearing the same "we're not hurting anything" whilst they are knocking up birds from hedgerows left right and centre. Road cyclists around here are about the most polite people you will meet, but the offroaders need to learn some manners and buy an OS map.

I wouldn't buy a horse if I had no where I could legally ride it, and the concept is surely the same for mountain bikes, apart from the people who seem to use it have no respect for anyone else's property.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
It doesn't really matter whether you are in the countryside or not, you cannot cycle on footpaths. We have a lot of trouble with people cycling up our drive way (which is a footpath) because they are either too simple to educate themselves between the different rights of way, or too up their own bottoms to realise they might actually be in the wrong. I wouldn't actually mind, asides from when people start cycling through drilled fields it makes a mess, and inevitably they have to turn around and come back the way we came.

I am sick of hearing the same "we're not hurting anything" whilst they are knocking up birds from hedgerows left right and centre. Road cyclists around here are about the most polite people you will meet, but the offroaders need to learn some manners and buy an OS map.

I wouldn't buy a horse if I had no where I could legally ride it, and the concept is surely the same for mountain bikes, apart from the people who seem to use it have no respect for anyone else's property.

Why are people quoting my name to these posts??? I didn't post them!

JFTDWS

Visit site
It's just a broken code - it's obvious from the spare code in RTE's post that it was our very trying little friend who wrote them. It happens, it's not worth getting worked up about.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
It's just a broken code - it's obvious from the spare code in RTE's post that it was our very trying little friend who wrote them. It happens, it's not worth getting worked up about.

Thankyou :) and Willhegoefirst - I don't want people thinking it's me who is an idiot rider. That person it rubbing me up the wrong way too. Title of the post 'Cyclists!!' and they think they are doing them a favour...

Luci07

Visit site
Surely a lot of the posts are missing the original point. It wasn't a cyclist bashing thread as such, it was a genuine concern about the danger posed to the OP when walking out of her front door. I would put some sort of gate further up the path with a notice warning that the path is not safe for cyclists.

And if anyone is in the mood for reading some truly contentious posts.. google the Boxhill forum and see what the residents have to say to the cyclists. For anyone who is not aware of where Boxhill is, it is in Surrey and was a major part of the Olympic ride...hence extremely popular with a lot of cyclists and the residents are...shall we say, not happy about it.