Cyclossage Massage Rug

Dreckly

Visit site
I would be interested to hear peoples opinion on these rugs.

Yard owner, myself and a couple of other liveries are considering investing in one of these. Been thinking about this for a while but has become more important as my boy is on a months box rest, and one of the other liveries horses is about to undergo kissing spine surgery. Do people see a real benefit from them?

princestar

Visit site
My horse had a treatment, I didn't feel that my horse enjoyed it very much and I don't feel it beneficial to him in any way. It didn't seem to do much to release/relax him and to be honest he was bored and started getting impatient whilst it was on, so he wasn't paying attention to it or relaxing as he was thinking about ways to entertain himself.

I have since used Bowen Therapy and I think it's brilliant, my horse is quite nervy of men but he never had a problem with the man who comes and treats him. Hes been out three times now and the last time he walked on the yard my horse actually called out to him, so clearly pleased to see him. My horse leans his body into the man who treats him, as if he's saying 'ooh this is a bit stiff' and relaxes completly, stops eating his hay and sort of falls asleep but still awake, just really dopey.

Maybe get one of the rugs on trial for a couple of months? And definitely give Bowen a try :)

hellspells

Visit site
I've got one and love it as do my horses. I can see real benefits to it and definitely helps alongside their regular treatments from osteo's etc.

CBAnglo

Visit site
I have one - bought for my ex-racer who had KS surgery. He likes it and he is much looser when he has it on/warm up is shorter. he does get very hot underneath it though so we dont use it in summer, only when it gets chillier and he is a bit stiffer.