D-Itch supplement

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I'm afraid I've been there, done it, got the T-shirt, DVD, mug, and bra-and-knickers-set to match with expensive supplements over the years!!!

My trad-lad has sweet itch, and he has: Brewers Yeast, Micronised Linseed, teaspoon of Cider Vinegar and when the sweet itch season is active I give him Clivers (sticky stuff, grows in hedges).

Because he's got sweet itch, I avoid garlic.

The most effective thing you can do to guard against flies is to cover the horse up, first and foremost, and/or make the coat unattractive to flies, either from inside out, or outside in, if that makes sense.

But shall watch this thread with interest.

welshied

Visit site
My welsh has sweet itch and i find the D-itch makes a big difference last year was the first year he kept his full mane and had the odd day without his SI rug on

AmieeT

Visit site
Oh that's great news :) Am trialling as many things as possible to make him comfortable, but I don't want to waste my money!!

A few days without the SI rug sounds awesome, I felt so sorry for him last summer, literally was in it from March-October and looked like this:

IMG_2225_zps7b35d5bd.jpg

Poor lad, like an equine Power Ranger! Just want him to be able to have a good proper roll with no rug on!

I don't suppose anybody knows what the dates are like on the supplement? Would like to buy now but don't want it out by the time I need it!