Dainese Balios 3

onebigjump

Visit site
Anyone else have this body protector?

Mine has just arrived. Fits great, feels quite light and comfy. But I'm finding my arm movement seems pretty restricted.

Is this normal, does it give eventually?
I don't usually wear a body protector at all, have had the same one for the last 16years. Although I don't compete, I do ride on roads so thought it would be sensible to have some sort of protection.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I’ve got two (long story!), they great and much more comfortable than other styles. As the material warms up it will become more flexible and ‘give’ slightly for your arms, though if you’re finding that they’re restricted forwards it could be that the BP is too wide?

onebigjump

Visit site
Yes, it does seem to warm up and flex quickly.
I did think it's quite wide across my shoulders, but couldn't go down a size as I'd never be able to do it up!

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Did you get it fitted?

Mine is good, it was cutting edge tech when it came out, but I'm not convinced there arent better products about, I just havent found one yet.

The problem I find with mine is the zip, one zip failed, the shop replaced the whole item FOC, but I still find it really hard to locate the two bittom bits of the zipper as they are hidden by the bulk of the protector unless you have a mirror.

For me it needs a bigger beefier zip, that you can feel is engaged properly, I thought about replacing the zip myself but was worried it would invalidate the certification

onebigjump

Visit site
No I didn't have it fitted. I used the measurements online.
I'd say it fits pretty well, if I went down a size I wouldn't get it done up. But I think a larger size would be even wider across my shoulders.
The zip is a bit small and flimsy tbh