Dalcotes Krieghoff

Neddy13

Visit site
Does anyone know anything about this stallion. It looks like he was the sire of the only elite evaluated young horse at Tall Trees. The only bit on his breeding I can see, would indicate he would be more of an event sire although the foal was entered in the showjumping section?

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Google Dalcotes - the website should tell you all you need to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not enough, as the site is woefully out of date!

Zebedee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Google Dalcotes - the website should tell you all you need to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not enough, as the site is woefully out of date!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops - hadn't actually looked myself !!

Have emailed a link to this page to the owner, who I'm sure will happily answer any questions.

Angela_Wise

Visit site
ER23 is correct in that Krieghoff is by Kings Composer out of a Ricardo Z mare who is in fact out of a Darco mare. The mare Pinot Noir stands a little over 15.2 and has now had 3 foals, all of which look likely to stay under 16 hands.

He is a short butty colt which we feel will mature around 15.2 maybe 15.3. As a yearling he was successfully shown and as a foal was a top scoring event foal at the BEF evaluations.

We were delighted with his first premium on Thursday and really could not have expected anything more as his size and stamp counts against him in the BEF marking system and with hand on heart you would not select Krieghoff as your next olympic event horse due to his lack of height and length, which ultimately will reduce his scope when ridden - although he is bold and powerful and takes out strides when loose jumping.

However as a sire he does tick a lot of boxes and his first crop of seven are delightful. He covered a cross section of mares last year and has put his stamp on them all.

The elite winning foal was a very young foal, born in July out of a Grade A 3/4 TB x 1/4 col cob showjumping mare. We knew he was very correct but to get awarded elite was a pleasant suprise.

On the results of his first foals Krieghoff will suit ponies and horses alike. He is excellent with his mares and last season and this season has got them all in foal.

Thefuture

Visit site
Angela well done. Your decision to take the Krieghoff foal has obviously paid off - if I had any spare money I would buy him immediately as I suppose like everything you breed he will be on the market and I loved him when I saw him out in the field when just a week old.

Also congratualtions on the King 3yo's. I see 2x1st premiums for eventing and 1 Sports Pony together with 5 other first premiums. Such a good stallion as he does seem to improve on his mares and now a successful Grandad as well.