Dalmar Event Boots rubbed horses legs raw

Liostro

Visit site
My new dalmar event boots have rubbed my horse raw on both hind legs after 90minutes of use :-(
The buckle that you feed the Velcro through which is now metal rather than plastic seems to have turned with the tension of the Velcro and rubbed really badly, I was horrified when I removed them after XC schooling today. I tried emailing horseware and they said to take it up with the retailer!!!
I will take them back tomorrow but presume they will want me to try another pair, which I'm not willing to do as he is going to be sore for a few weeks already so I am not willing to oak it happening again.
What would you do?
They were £65 rears and £55 fronts.
The fronts are fine as fasten differently to the rears. But I want a matching set so ideally feel I should be entitled to a full refund...very sad as was chuffed when I got these boots.....my poor horsey :-(

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
I would be looking for a full refund on the 4 and a proper apology. i hope they don't try and turn it round that you hadn't fastened them properly. poor horse, that must have been horrible for him. x

Liostro

Visit site
I have a feeling they might say something about the fitment but the old style with tha plastic fastenings fitted fine and were the same size....

eventing_2012

Visit site
I've heard various people who have had these boots say the protective part that covers the tendon has broken in halve, with one boot cutting into tendon. Would never buy these boots after the horror stories I've heard....