Damaged coccyx - how long til I can ride again - wail!

oldhat

Visit site
Ouch! I got hurled across the yard two weeks ago at feeding time and damaged my coccyx, it seems to be taking forever to improve at all and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how LONG it took to get better enough to ride? I can just about walk and managed to lunge the two horses I have but when I tried to get on - ow! I suppose I should really just NOT ride! Typical with this fab weather!!

Louby

Visit site
Ouch.
I did mine years ago and was told by my doctor to not ride for 6 weeks. I had to sit on a rubber ring, got some funny looks at the time as I was still at school :D

Eriskayowner

Visit site
I damaged mine about 9 months ago I think. Landed heavily after Jazzy tripped. It still hurts now if I catch it in the wrong place. Even last night I was sitting on the arm of the arm chair (OH was in the chair) and I couldn't stand up again as it was hurting.

Riding doesn't hurt it anymore, and I was in the saddle a few days after but couldn't sit properly in saddle until about 5 months ago.

Hope you get better soon x

swampdonkey

Visit site
i really feel for you. I fractured mine last friday and I still struggle to sit, walk and generally everything. My doctor said 2 months but am really hoping he was being over cautious. Hate not riding too.

trendybraincell

Visit site
Poor girl at ours took a tumble last week and damaged her coccyx, she got back on and finished the lesson but fainted the next day and had a visit to A&E. Doctor have told her 6-8weeks before getting back in the saddle.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
I was told 8 weeks when I fractured mine 2 years ago. I tried riding after 6 weeks and was in so much pain I didn't try again for a month. Still hurts now when I sit for to long/long rides

HollyB66

Visit site
I broke my coccyx when my son was born, it took 6 weeks before I could sit properly on the settee :(

Luckily I didn't ride in those days otherwise I would have been soooo frustrated.

Don't panic if any of you are expecting, it's not normal to break your coccyx during childbirth, I had damaged mine as a teenager and the bones weren't as able to flex due to scar tissue - or something like that. My osteopath fixed me up and no problems when my daughter was born.

No problems riding now either.