damaged eye update

dunthing

Visit site
My daughter's TB was PTS this morning. The vet said he was almost totally blind and while she was there, he walked into the fence so it was the right thing to do. He had also started losing weight again which usually only happens in winter. Although he was retired, he was having a weight gain feed twice a day (not sure which one) but just not putting on any weight. RIP Sammy Whiskers

merlinsquest

Visit site
Ohhh bless.... she did the right thing though by the sounds of it
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Hugs for her from us {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

dunthing

Visit site
Thank you. She is naturally devastated but she does always make the right decision with her horses. She called the local hunt this time and said it was much quicker and a more decent way for him to go that having the injection.

jen1

Visit site
Oh so sorry to hear that but sounds like the right thing to do, at least we can make these decisions for animals so they don't suffer in the long run. Sending you kind wishes, hope your daughter is OK soon. I am sure he had a lovely life with you. XXX

kellyeaton

Visit site
oh so sorry for your loss. did the horse have liver diase it just sounds like some of the conditions? so sorry! R.I.P sammy!xxxx

dunthing

Visit site
No he didn't have liver disease but like an awful lot of competition or racing horses, he was stabled for long periods and he developed ulcers. He went through a long intensive treatment with steroids and probiotics and did improve greatly. For him to lose so much weight just before winter was not a good sign. Combined with him becoming almost completely blind very suddenly, my daughter made the only decision she could, before he went downhill any further.