Dandruff

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Our new dog’s coat seems to have gone a bit dandruffy. Food hasn’t changed, with the exception of the addition of a drop of Yumove oil daily. He’s at the vets on Thursday for a dental check, so will run it by them. But any ideas?

ponyparty

Visit site
Mine gets it when he's stressed - which he is at the moment, as he has skinned his carpal pa two weeks in a row with the new dog trainer he's been going to. The second time it's got infected and has now cost me £100 at the vet so new dog trainer is getting sacked... but that's an aside. It's the sore paw being messed with and wearing the buster collar which he's finding stressful (and the vet trip yesterday, I've never seen him so dandruffy as during that!).

Has anything else changed, routine/anything that could have stressed him out?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Mine gets it when he's stressed - which he is at the moment, as he has skinned his carpal pa two weeks in a row with the new dog trainer he's been going to. The second time it's got infected and has now cost me £100 at the vet so new dog trainer is getting sacked... but that's an aside. It's the sore paw being messed with and wearing the buster collar which he's finding stressful (and the vet trip yesterday, I've never seen him so dandruffy as during that!).

Has anything else changed, routine/anything that could have stressed him out?

I did wonder if it could be stress related. He’s only been with us for just over two weeks. And whilst he knows us very well (we’ve been his dog walker for four years), it’s still been a big upheaval for him.

ponyparty

Visit site
I did wonder if it could be stress related. He’s only been with us for just over two weeks. And whilst he knows us very well (we’ve been his dog walker for four years), it’s still been a big upheaval for him.

Oh bless him... Hopefully it'll settle down with a bit of time then, as he finds his feet in his new home!