"Danger Ahead" 🫣🫣

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
LOL! That would have spooked me a bit, never mind the horse. My own arab used to have his 'danger ahead' radar permanently on. The worst incident was when he spotted a small teddy bear a child had dropped on the lane, it was obviously laying there waiting to jump up and savage us. After much snorting and doing the fandango he leapt sideways onto the verge and stood on an empty crinkly plastic drinks bottle, which in turn sent a pheasant clattering out of the hedge behind us. He launched himself over the teddy bear like he was going for Olympic gold, I never knew he could jump so high. It took us both days to recover. Strong sense of self preservation, these arabs.

Annagain

Visit site
Reminds me of the day we met a double decker bus, jcb, ambulance and fire engine complete with lights and sirens and several artics on the main road, none of which were a problem. We then turned into the lane and he dumped me in hedge (I was turned round talking to my friend behind me so off balance) because there was a beer bottle in the road.

Sealine

Visit site
The weekend of the village scarecrow festival is always a highlight of the year if you have a spooky horse.

I once came across ten teenagers doing their DOE award all wearing large backpacks with covers. My horse thought he was being attached by a herd of giant tortoises.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I had a Motorcyclist stop by the fence wanting to photograph the horses. The look of horror on their faces when he took his own head off (aka helmet) was classic. All he saw was their tails disappearing over the horizon.
That reminds me of time a livery's partner and friend walked in the barn in full leathers. My horse who couldn't care less about motorbikes plus riders out hacking was terrified and even offering carrots and speaking nicely couldn't convince him to leave the furthest corner of the stable.