danilon doseage

Tapir

Visit site
I've just got some danilon from the vet to help my pony who has arthritic knees.

I got it without speaking to the vet who diagnosed her so didn't really get any dosage advice. My pony weigh tapes at just under 450kg and I've been giving her half a sachet every day (she only gets one small feed a day) but I'm wondering if this will be having any effect at all or if I'm wasting my time, and money, and would be better off giving her 1 sachet every other day. She seems happier but that could be down to other things as much as the danilon.

I only want her on the minimum to keep her able to do light hacking comfortably but so I can still tell if I'm asking too much of her.

She already gets a high quality joint supplement and turmeric/oil/black pepper.

BlackRider

Visit site
When I was first given bute, I was advised to try one sachet every other day, rather than half.

It can be difficult to get the dosage right at first.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
You really need to speak to a vet, really the vet who saw the pony,

went you start you usually need to give a high dosage and then slowly drop to a daily dose. This loads the system. I have been using it for five years. If treating achronic condition it is different thengiving for a short term.

This is how mine went,
2 packets twice a day for 4 days,
1 packet twice a day for 4days
1 packet a day for 4 days

I then went down to 1 packet once evert other day. As he was a riding horse I would also give a packet before a ride.

My vet said to think of it like ibuprofen.
I am shocked you vet did not spend time going through this with you,
I