Danny Nightingale SAS IMPORTANT pls

indie999

Visit site
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9669410/SAS-war-hero-jailed-after-betrayal.html

I am normally sceptical about these things/petitions. But this is someone that fought for us butt sitters. Its been on the news his wife has waived anonimity which is highly unusual particularly SAS. Terrorists get better care in the UK(along with many others).

He just came back from war to face this etc with his mates dead bodies. Guns not in cupboards? urgh no.

But go to Danny Nightingale Care 2 on google it will bring up petition.(I havent posted the link as it brings up my details).

Its been raised in commons today. Please sign.

Polos Mum

Visit site
This is a really difficult one, he is someone very experienced who knew the law and rules BUT had massive mitigating circumstances as to why he broke them. If it were you or I we would be in prison no question. Unfortunately I suspect the full story is not yet being shared, the wife of the guy he was sharing a house with was 'apparently' threatened with a gun (which is what led to the police searching the house in the first place) - if that has any truth to it then he's unfortunately in the right place. If it was a totally honest mistake given the circumstances he should have handed the gun in as soon as he found it (some statements suggest he did not do this and this is his real only major error of judgement)

indie999

Visit site
This is a really difficult one, he is someone very experienced who knew the law and rules BUT had massive mitigating circumstances as to why he broke them. If it were you or I we would be in prison no question. Unfortunately I suspect the full story is not yet being shared, the wife of the guy he was sharing a house with was 'apparently' threatened with a gun (which is what led to the police searching the house in the first place) - if that has any truth to it then he's unfortunately in the right place. If it was a totally honest mistake given the circumstances he should have handed the gun in as soon as he found it (some statements suggest he did not do this and this is his real only major error of judgement)

Its accepted the military etc will get treated harder than a civilian and no one is saying he should have got NOTHING unfortunately crooks with guns get less than this.They dont get locked up as you believe as easily as this if locked up at all. Hence the amount of gun crime in London(worse than you or I imagine,daily...from the horses mouth).

The main point is serving for your country doesnt mean diddly squat. How can this feel? The guy gave a hell of a lot of service, saw inimaginable horror, has brain injury and has been over the top punished compared to our wonderful terrorists, that live at home and that we cant even send back to face justice. I cannot imagine how let down he must feel after putting himself on the line and he will have lost many colleagues and probably thought he was lucky to get out in one piece. Deserves a bit of slack.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I do appreciate that, life is pretty unfair, how the courts treat people varies massively with fashion, we have 'offensive' twitter posters getting longer in prison than people who have committed violent crimes at the moment - madness to me
But that is why they have started introducing mandatory sentences for some crimes (ie unlicenced gun ownership)
I honestly don't know all the facts here so it's difficult for me to decide whether the amazing service he gave for his country should mitigate the crime that he is not debating he committed.

Dolcé

Visit site
Signed and shared - appalling! It is so unfair that his family lose their home and he loses his salary and, I would imagine, his pension. I don't particularly think he should have got away totally scot free but the punishment does not fit the crime under the circumstances.