Darley Rehoming - who else has a Darley ex racer?

Taboo1968

Visit site
Probably been covered loads of times before, but just wondered who else has a Thoroughbred ex racer from Darley Rehoming?

I got my boy over three months ago now and cannot praise Darley enough for making such a perfect match..... am so pleased with my lad and we already have a fab relationship as well as the fact that we are already doing very well on the dressage circuit!

So how long have you had your horse from Darley, what are you doing with them now etc?

Monkers

Visit site
Hiya. I was just wondering how long it took from registering an interest to actually being offered a horse? I registered a while ago and haven't heard anything back yet?

Taboo1968

Visit site
There is no waiting list with Darley as such..... its who suits the horse better.... so if someone applied 12 months ago, and someone who applied last week is better suited, the better suited party gets the call......

It took them 11 months for my mate to be matched with a horse and it was only through her that i learnt about Darley...... so given the fact that it took some time to be matched with the right horse i put in my application........... In my case i got a call 5 days later!!!!! And it went from there......

I really cannot praise Darley enough for their matching skills..... even if in some cases it does take time..... give them a call to make sure your application is still active..... it will be worth it!!!

And no you dont need your own yard, my two boys are on livery.....

stacie21

Visit site
do you mind if i ask what your horse is called and if you have it there dam as i might have looked after them as a baby ? or no there mum lol might have pics for you would be cool if i new them and no that they got a new life

humblepie

Visit site
I was on their register and had a call after 4 or 5 months. I didn't go to look at the horse they offered as wasn't entirely sure it was what I was after and I couldn't have got up there for a couple of weeks when they called. It is a super scheme though and glad to hear you are doing well with yours.

Taboo1968

Visit site
Stacie, have sent you a PM......

Here is a piccie of him now doing his new job!!!!

IMG_3056-Copy.jpg

goneshowjumping

Visit site
i got my boy from darleys a year and a half ago, and i waited just over 4 weeks from application to getting him.
Darleys were amazing through the whole process, honest and upfront about his little quirks!
I am now affiliating my boy in BS this year (he hadnt jumped a stick when i got him) and also just started doing some eventing.
I am glad Darleys do their process how they do as otherwise you would just get people going there for a cheap horse they couldnt handle.
i cannot praise darleys enough and should i ever be able to afford another I will be straight back to them to do this all over again!

catembi

Visit site
I applied about 18 months ago & never heard. Not sure why they didn't like me...horses live at home, all post & railed, I've competed to 1 m 15 BS & also have BD points & BHS stages, so not a novice. Hey ho, I got an ex-racer from someone on here last year & we're getting on just fine.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Those that applied years ago, worth reapplying as I know they have had quite a big overhaul reasonably recently. I applied and they got back to me in a few weeks. In the end I decided not to have the horse but I had applied years back and heard nothing. Deffo worth giving them a call as they are lovely folk and I'm sure would be happy to check your application is still active :)

OP, lovely lad you have there. Here's to years of fun with him :)

Nickles1973

Visit site
My lad is an ex Darley boy too! I was very lucky to have a reply to my application very quickly and found the whole experience a very good one! The people there are very supportive and even now over two years on they are happy to hear updates and have helped me research my boys past veterinary notes.
One thing I will say though is that many of the horses have broken down hence they are EX racers, and this can limit their competitive future. So if you are looking for a future eventing star this may be why you haven't heard from them.

Taboo1968

Visit site
Thank you MrsD and Jesstickle..... I am a little biased obviously but i think he is wonderful and such a star...... hoping to affiliate him come Jan 2012......

Darley do have horses that can jump but they are a minority conpared to those that could be suitable for dressage and hacking.......

I'd say to everyone that never got an answer, give them a call or drop them an email and see if your application is still active.......

I, like Goneshowjumping cannot praise them enough........

stacie21

Visit site
if any one wants to take a quick 5 mine and pm me your ex darley horse's dam i may no them / dam and is possible i have a foal pic. would be cool for me and would be cool for you if i did no there dam

lymeregis

Visit site
oh gingething, thats so sad......you okay?

I have a darley racehorse (had him since Jan 09), Lyme Regis - (love him SOOOOOO much, such a cool chappy!)

He does a bit of BE & BS - he is actually going to be be one of the ROR jumping demo horse for a ROR Nick Turner demo at World Horse Welfare next month - soooo excited!

Any other Darley horse owners would love to keep in touch - please feel free to PM me :)

Oh & did you guys know about their FB page? Throroughbred rehoming?

goneshowjumping

Visit site
oh gingething, thats so sad......you okay?

I have a darley racehorse (had him since Jan 09), Lyme Regis - (love him SOOOOOO much, such a cool chappy!)

He does a bit of BE & BS - he is actually going to be be one of the ROR jumping demo horse for a ROR Nick Turner demo at World Horse Welfare next month - soooo excited!

Any other Darley horse owners would love to keep in touch - please feel free to PM me :)

Oh & did you guys know about their FB page? Throroughbred rehoming?

will pm you lymeregis...as im doing the same things with my boy as you are, maybe i could pick your brains a bit! i have seen your boy on their success stories page and wow he looks fab!
will check out the facebook thing as not sure i have seen that page!

alsxx

Visit site
I too applied about 2.5 years ago, maybe 3 years. I never heard anything, and I wasn't looking for something that would event either...more to hack and low level activities, such as dressage. Anyhoo got my lovely boy direct and I couldn't be happier with him. But agree its a great scheme, if you can get one :)