Dartmoor Derby

chaps89

Visit site
I hadn't heard of it before so went off for a Google- looks like great fun!
Sorry, no help from me but if you do ever do it please report back :)

paddy555

Visit site
I find this totally amazing. It is a 3 day guided ride and admittedly the food and drink look very nice as do the horses.

They have a Tor to Tor ride this Sept, 50 miles which is similar to their Derby. 50 miles over 3 days is not very far a day. Cost is £1350 and that is for you supplying your horse in a twin room. £1700 if you want one of their horses (twin room) .

£1350 seems an awful lot of money to take your horse to Dartmoor to ride in a group for 3 days. If you are supplying the horse it makes the accommodation seem very expensive.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh daaahling, how simply spiffing! One would need to be rather posh, I think (though I can do posh, if necessary), or one might feel out of place.

I’d much rather do one of the Adventure Clydesdales rides, also on Dartmoor. £265 a day including horse and accommodation.

J&S

Visit site
Adventure Clydesdale are lovely people, the horses are very good and well loved and looked after. The Dartmoor Derby is for w*****s.
I have a friend who is running a 2 day Dartmoor ride for people with their own horses which I would guarantee would be fun. See Dartmoor Dayz.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Adventure Clydesdale are lovely people, the horses are very good and well loved and looked after. The Dartmoor Derby is for w*****s.
I have a friend who is running a 2 day Dartmoor ride for people with their own horses which I would guarantee would be fun. See Dartmoor Dayz.
That sounds good! The only drawback for me is no stabling available on site, which would be v handy if weather horrid.

chaps89

Visit site
That sounds good! The only drawback for me is no stabling available on site, which would be v handy if weather horrid.

Shame B fuzzy couldn't lend some of her Duracell bunny energy to Fatty, think she'd keel over if I tried to ride for 6 hours a day ? mind you, maybe then she wouldn't have energy for jumping out of the coral at the end of the day so silver linings maybe ? but this is the kind of thing I meant when I said I'd be wanting a staying away somewhere adventure sometime - I'll just be jealous if you go ;)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Shame B fuzzy couldn't lend some of her Duracell bunny energy to Fatty, think she'd keel over if I tried to ride for 6 hours a day ? mind you, maybe then she wouldn't have energy for jumping out of the coral at the end of the day so silver linings maybe ? but this is the kind of thing I meant when I said I'd be wanting a staying away somewhere adventure sometime - I'll just be jealous if you go ;)
I'm sure Fatty would cope..... whizz over to the P thread and find more uses for carrot sticks... ??
A few days away with B next year is on my to book list, happy for like minded lunatics like you to come along <waits for Lindylouanne to pop up ?>