**Daughter and Dolly and Harley....nearly ten years on!!**

redmone

Visit site
Hi everyone.

Erm. It's been a while. I'm not even sure if any of the old gang is still here. But I was thinking, it's almost ten years since we bought dolly (its probably about bang on ten years I was first posting here, scared shitless at buying our first pony!!!).

Well for anyone who still cares, we've still got Dolly. We've about been through hell with her the last two years (laminitis, cushings, ems, rotation, abscesses.... Etc...) but she's still with us. Happy and well. And plodding on through, hopefully is her now proper rehabilitation.

I've learnt more in the last two years than I have in a lifetime, about management, feeding, injuries.... Frigging poulticing.... 😂 😂 😂 But every minute was worth it.

Alice (small RM) is now an adult at University! We still have Harley (been nearly 6 years now) and they've competed BS, BE, hunter trials.... You name it.... Well not showing... Everything but showing 😂

We're all happy and well... Mostly anyway!

Would be lovely to hear from some old friends, although I know a lot of you are on Fb now!

Ten years on... Still going strong!

Not sure how to post photos here anymore, someone tell me and I'll send some!

Ps.... Well impressed I remembered my login

Pps... Do we still offer chocolate for readers... If so... Alice has some nice m and m choccy she can share 😉

Attachments

• _20190822_211106.JPG
    _20190822_211106.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 158
  • received_385123412168612.jpeg
    received_385123412168612.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
lovely to hear from you redmone, i cant believe it is 10 years since you first came on here asking for advice, glad you still have dolly even though the last couple of years have been trying..... you have done really well to cope with everything and daughter looks great on harley. she was such a little dot when you first put pictures up of her on dolly..what a success story for both ponies .. thanks for updating....

redmone

Visit site
lovely to hear from you redmone, i cant believe it is 10 years since you first came on here asking for advice, glad you still have dolly even though the last couple of years have been trying..... you have done really well to cope with everything and daughter looks great on harley. she was such a little dot when you first put pictures up of her on dolly..what a success story for both ponies .. thanks for updating....

Ah nice to see friendly faces still here! I suppose life caught up with us a bit and it was easier to crack on than post about it!

They've been fantastic. All of them. Al has grown up, and developed into a belting rider (don't mind being unashamedly proud right here!) and dolly. Well we took her back from the riding school, about three years ago I think, fat and bored after working livery (yes everyone was right that was a poor decision) and paid for it in vet fees ever since. She's just now recovering from a really deep abscess but we're hopeful that the corner is in sight.

Everything crossed that dolly will make a full recovery soon. And Al, once settled in uni, will be back out competing next weekend! Fingers crossed!!

albeg

Visit site
Great to see the update, fingers crossed Dolly is on the mend. Best of luck to A and H in their competition.

We all got old didn't we! 😂

Wait til it's 10 years since her first week of uni! A friend reminded our whatsapp group a couple of weeks ago, that on that day 10 years ago, we were heading to our first lecture!

redmone

Visit site
Great to see the update, fingers crossed Dolly is on the mend. Best of luck to A and H in their competition.

Wait til it's 10 years since her first week of uni! A friend reminded our whatsapp group a couple of weeks ago, that on that day 10 years ago, we were heading to our first lecture!

Good god... I'll be done in by then!! 😂 I'm planning on aging backwards now... So heading back to 30 now... 😂

Adopter

Visit site
Wherd did tyat 10 years go, I remember your posts and adventures, I lurk more than post these days, but still enjoy seeing posts that update. Fingers crossed Dolly will go on giving you pleasure rather than worry for a good few years yet.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site

Son's GF is heading to my old uni next September. She was horrified when I told her it will be 37 years since I started there ... :eek:

Good to see you Redmone, that doesn't feel like ten years .... :oops:

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I often wondered about you, so lovely to read that all is well and you still have little Dolly. I remember your posts and also what a lovely little rider your daughter was, Im so pleased she has kept it up and is still enjoying her horses. I am just on the verge of thinking about a pony for grand daughter but will wait until spring and see if she is still as keen :)

Diddleydoo

Visit site
I remember your posts, I learned so much from the advice you were given.

I'm really glad you've posted again and am happy that despite it all you're all still going strong.

honetpot

Visit site
I can remember so well your first posts with Dolly. Well done and isn’t amazing how you end up collecting them. I so pleased you updated us all. I just hope that some of the advice we gave you was useful.