***Daughter and Dolly.....and Harley!***

redmone

Visit site
Love your updates.
Goodness your daughters looking grown up.
Love the last photo.

I know - she's grown so much this last year!! xxx

Harley looks to enjoy his jumping! He will be super as his experience and confidence builds.

Only down side of the good jumping ponies we had was they are able to jump into which ever field they liked, fences don't stop them!

Well I'm wondering about that too!!! At her previous home, Dolly was a notorious fence jumper!! She cleared the 5 bar gate too, at which point she was sent to a show jumping yard to see how she got on! lol!!!

At the moment, Harley is turned out in our winter paddock, which is pretty well enclosed. I think the real test will be in spring!!

He REALLY does enjoy his jumping! I can't wait to see how brave he becomes - I really hope they'll make a great team together :) xxx

Redmone - would love to find out about Jas's breeding but as she was the surprise love child of a TB mare that I rescued in dreadful condition (two months later finding out she was quite heavily in foal!) I think it would prove to be impossible, sadly :(

Awww that's a shame. If the passport (if she had one) says anything, they might be able to give you some info. I don't have either side of Harley's parentage, but the name of the breeder and his passported name gave the Dartmoor people something to go on. Not a lot, but I got a little info, which was nice. xxx

Just seen this after a very long weekend at work, and it's fair cheered me up!
Some fabulous pictures and it's so lovely to see people having fun with their horses.
The new boy looks fab; looking forward to more updates!

Thank you!!! I had a blast last night, because unfortunately daughter has come down with a nasty bug and couldn't have her riding lesson. So I had it.

Before anyone collapses in hysterics, I didn't ride Harley! I was taught to lunge!! Not done that before. It was amazing and I loved it!!! He was SUCH a good boy and obviously is an old hat at this so took it quite easy on me! Was lovely to see him move without rider too - I was Wowed!!!!!!

:)

redmone

Visit site
No i am in work most saturdays. Hes a 16.2 chestnut irish draught. I normally ride past when i ride out

I drove past a big chestnut on Sunday I think - hacking out with a smaller pony - both all hi-vized up!! Mind you, there's a few big chestnuts around there isn't there!!! :)

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Wow, well done all of you on the 5th place. Fab pictures. I agree Harley looks like a proper 'old fashioned' pony, a lovely colour to keep clean too. Sounds like he will be ideal to keep MRM on her toes and continue her learning journey without being 'too much'. And what an perfect solution for little Dolly.

Great idea having a lunge lesson, its a useful skill to have, esp when MRM starts exams etc.

I love a happy story!!!!