daughter and pony.....happy post

Hippona

Visit site
So my daughter has had confidence issues....pony can be a bit of a git in the 'wandering hither and thither' way...no malice, just a bit strong and takes the pee out of a novice rider.(Cannot get away with it with me though so I have been schooling him and hacking him out)

Daughter went back to scratch with him...groundwork, learnt how to lunge him....built her confidence and their relationship up slowly over the last few months.
She's now schooling him happily and believe me, he's not an easy ride. Time and again Ive asked if she wanted to loan him out or sell him and get an easier pony but bless her she wouldnt hear of it.....

Last night for the first time in months she asked to go out for a hack....he only wandered off for a cornfield snack once and she sorted him out with a smile on her face.

happy pics:)
2013-08-07184246_zps5ac0a39b.jpg

2013-08-07184258_zps56edd223.jpg

And a bareback one.....cos bareback is currently the favoured mode of transport:D
2013-08-01193746_zps1f3d5581.jpg

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
She must feel such satisfaction for working on the problem and succeeding, he sounds like a challenging pony. Tell her well done for all that she has achieved. :)

Kallibear

Visit site
Good for her.Tell her to keep at it.
My friend's daughter was very similar. Her pony was a fabby safe jumping machine but such a bad mannered bulshy brat when she could get away with it. The daughter was small on her, like yours and Toby, and basically lacked strength, confidence and assertiveness to make the pony behave. But just a year later, now the child is a little bigger and more 'rider' , less 'passenger' they're out winning rosettes left right and centre. Last year she wouldn't even trot on her!

babymare

Visit site
That smile says it all:)Please tell her she shows determination and that will prove a blessing later in life. well done young lassie. lovely post x

Hippona

Visit site
The fact that she didn't want to change ponie
s suggests she will be a horse woman not just a rider;) Well done her
Never thought of it that way.... its a nice thought:)

Hey you carry on being proud of you little one. doesnt it feel nice ? :) x

Yes it does, thankyou :)
So many young kids on here that really put their all into it, its nice to read of others so just thought I'd share :)

Highlands

Visit site
Highland?

I had one at 10 and hit the deck so many times. They can take advantage of younger riders as alot of pony to ride! Well done!

Highlands

Visit site
Have 3 of them..... Once you have won them around they are amazing..... Dropping the shoulder before a fence or in a stinging nettle patch was no 1 .....following by that's get our tongue over bit and bolt....

Luckily now grown up so little darlings don't take the p!

babymare

Visit site
Hey so many children out there dont understand commiment and values and how to love a living creature . so in my eyes your daughter sparkles and as i said that smile says it all . there will be bad days but hey them good days are the ones you will remember. And me and my daughtet (24) have many x