DDFT tear advice

gingerarab

Visit site
So far my girl has had 5 weeks of lamness, after nerve blocking, joint injections and x rays we were still unsure of the problem. All the nerve blocks have pin pointed the foot and the last nerve block 2 days ago was into the coffin joint. Vet now sure it is a ddft tear of some sort. He has contacted newmarket who have advised not to mri scan but to spend a bit more money and have the foot scoped and any debris cleaned up.

My question is, has anyone had this done ? what was the outcome ? how and what did you do to manage the situation afterwards - I understand that we are looking at 3 months of box rest and controlled walking for short periods. What can I do to ensure we have the best possible chance of a lovely mare becoming sound again ?

ALO

Visit site
Mine had similar injury, this was mentioned as an option when it was suspected but because the mri of my horses injury was so close to where the tendon inserts, they said surgery wasn't an option. So no advice I'm afraid. Good luck though, I hope you get her sorted.

ALO

Visit site
He was rested, took shoes off and gradually brought back in work. It's taken over a year but we are now sound, hacking and did our first dressage test today since injury :)