"De la cour"

Jenna1406

Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone have any horses with "De la cour" in their passport name?

My OH has a lovely warmblood grey mare called "Bella de la cour" and have been googling her name to try and find out about her. One of her previous owners is Mrs R Bosworth from Lincoln area.

Jenna

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I have Soleil De la Cour by Major De la Cour. He's a Belgian Warmblood and I've had him 10 years. I've been lucky to trace his breeder from his passport and they sent me a foal pic and one when he was a young man. He's 20 now 😀 I don't think couer and Cour have the same meaning. One means heart the other Court (at least literally translated) so mine is Sun of the Court.

Jenna1406

Visit site

Ah, I tried to log in to the site but for some reason it wont let me :(

The mare is 2001 and so is Phoebie but phoebie is grey. Will keep trying to get in to see the picture on the site.

I have Soleil De la Cour by Major De la Cour. He's a Belgian Warmblood and I've had him 10 years. I've been lucky to trace his breeder from his passport and they sent me a foal pic and one when he was a young man. He's 20 now 😀 I don't think couer and Cour have the same meaning. One means heart the other Court (at least literally translated) so mine is Sun of the Court.

This is what I would like to do, find out some history about her. So she is "Bella of the court".

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Major de la Cour is the most famous stallion of the only line I know of that regularly use 'de la Cour'. I should think he's long since dead now, but I know many of his offspring were similarly named, including some competing stallions, so might be worth looking into.
Major was a Selle Francais - don't know if that fits?

Jenna1406

Visit site
attachment.php

attachment.php

joosie

Visit site
Lol, how could your OH not know the name of his own horse :D Men are funny!

Bella de la Cour and Ballade de la Cour are half-sisters then, as they have the same father (Bis de la Mare). Bella has two de la Cour horses in her lines (her mother, and her maternal grandfather) but having been born in Belgium she is not registered on the French database.

Ballade however IS there on the French database. Based on the fact that her breeder isn't recorded on there, I doubt that she was bred by the De la Cour stud - they are a fairly major stud and everything they breed themselves will be registered as foals. I suspect she was bred by a private home and that the de la Cour part of her name is misleading.

Her father Bis de la Mare is actually Selle Francais by breeding, but is an approved warmblood stallion. Apart from Ballade he has 58 other offspring registered on the French database - busy boy! Most of those are registered as Selle Francais but there's a handful of other warmbloods in there too.

Is Ballade's dam not recorded on her passport?

Also I don't know if this interests you but she has a daughter. Abalia du Frelut, chestnut mare born 2005. She is registered as an Anglo-European Sports Horse.

Annagain

Visit site

Bella de la Cour and Ballade de la Cour are half-sisters then, as they have the same father (Bis de la Mare). Bella has two de la Cour horses in her lines (her mother, and her maternal grandfather) but having been born in Belgium she is not registered on the French database.

Ballade however IS there on the French database. Based on the fact that her breeder isn't recorded on there, I doubt that she was bred by the De la Cour stud - they are a fairly major stud and everything they breed themselves will be registered as foals. I suspect she was bred by a private home and that the de la Cour part of her name is misleading.

Her father Bis de la Mare is actually Selle Francais by breeding, but is an approved warmblood stallion. Apart from Ballade he has 58 other offspring registered on the French database - busy boy! Most of those are registered as Selle Francais but there's a handful of other warmbloods in there too.

Also I don't know if this interests you but she has a daughter. Abalia du Frelut, chestnut mare born 2005. She is registered as an Anglo-European Sports Horse.

Only 58? Nebo Black Magic (prolific Sec D stallion) has 116 registered on Allbreedpedigree!

joosie

Visit site
Lol I am British :D I'm not ignorant either thanks, I know 58 offspring is a small number, but we're not talking about a prolific stallion and I never suggested I was so your comment was entirely irrelevant. FYI Helios de la Cour (the most famous stallion from the stud in question) has over 500 registered on the French database alone. But that's not relevant either ;)

Jenna1406

Visit site

WOW! I am really interested if she had a daughter. Thats amazing.

Her dams name is Colinda.

Many thanks.

Jenna